Bees Cling to Win
Waldorf, MD - After spending seven days on the road, the Blue Crabs came back to Regency Furniture Stadium for the last homestand of the season. It was a must win a game that resulted in a heart breaking Blue Crabs loss at the hands of the New Britain Bees with a 3-2 final score.
Daryl Thompson (L, 15-8) got the start for the Blue Crabs on Tuesday night. In the top of the first inning he allowed a pair of unearned runs after an error from the sure gloved Blue Crabs right fielder, Rubi Silva. The only other source of Bees scoring came in the top of the fourth inning, the lone earned run that Thompson allowed this evening, which came on a Logan Moore sacrifice fly.
A pair of homers were the only manner of Blue Crabs scoring in the contest. Edwin Garcia hit one into the picnic deck in the bottom of the third inning, and Tony Thomas smacked his 15th of the season in the bottom of the sixth to make the score, 3-2, Bees.
The unearned runs in the first innings proved devastating to a Southern Maryland team that desperately needed a win this evening. The Bees took advantage and edged out the Crabs by a score of 3-2.
The Blue Crabs will return home tomorrow, Wednesday September 11th for game two of a three game set with the New Britain Bees, with a 6:35 p.m. first pitch.
Catch all Blue Crabs home games on the Blue Crabs Broadcast Network, live streamed on YouTube (@SOMDBlueCrabs) Facebook (@SOMDBlueCrabs) and Twitter (@BlueCrabs).
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from September 10, 2019
- Bees Continue Winning Ways With One-Run Victory Over Blue Crabs - New Britain Bees
- Big Fifth Inning Leads Somerset - Somerset Patriots
- Matusz's Masterpiece Helps Ducks Tie Franchise-Long Winning Streak - Long Island Ducks
- Bees Cling to Win - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- Revs Shut out in Opener at Long Island - York Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Southern Maryland Blue Crabs Stories
- Southern Maryland Falls in Season Finale
- Blue Crabs Drop Second Straight Heartbreaker
- Daryl Thompson's 162 Strikeouts Second Most In A Season In Atlantic League History
- Blue Crabs Drop Finale with Stormers
- Blue Crabs Drop Second to Last Home Game of the Season