Beavers' Scott Patterson Traded To Athletics
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Beavers today announced that right-handed reliever Scott Patterson was traded to the Oakland Athletics for cash considerations.
Patterson went 3-3 with one save, a 4.25 ERA (26er, 55.0ip) and 64 strikeouts in a team-high 51 appearances with the Beavers this season and also represented the club in the Cricket Wireless Triple-A All-Star Game on July 15.
Patterson, 30, joined the Padres organization after being claimed off waivers from the New York Yankees on September 11, 2008.
Also, the Beavers signed free agent right-hander Rocky Cherry on Thursday. Cherry, who turned 30 on Wednesday, began the season with Triple-A Pawtucket in the Red Sox organization, going 3-1 with a 2.57 ERA (18er, 63.0ip) in 38 games (1 start). In his career, Cherry has appeared in 40 major league games with the Chicago Cubs (2007) and Baltimore Orioles (2007-08).
With today's moves, the Beavers' roster remains at its 24-man limit.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 20, 2009
- Mathes, Cubs Come Out On Top In Tight Affair - Portland Beavers
- Bees turn tables on Z's - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Shawn Moore To Take Over As Isotopes' Head Groundskeeper - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Wallach Tabbed Best Manager Prospect By Baseball America - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Fall Again To River Cats, 6-1 - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Fly by Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- Isotopes Counting Down to 4- Million Fans - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Beavers' Scott Patterson Traded To Athletics - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- World Vision Night at the Park - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno Grizzlies Announce 2009-10 Home Schedule - Fresno Grizzlies
- Salt Lake Bees Receive American Spirit Award - Salt Lake Bees
- Baxter scores Alfonzo with game-winning single in 13th inning - Portland Beavers
- Aces fall to Albuquerque - Reno Aces
- Omaha falls to Tacoma - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss