BayHawks Trade for Appling
Erie, Pennsylvania, Saturday, March 7, 2015 - The Erie BayHawks have acquired Keith Appling from the Los Angeles D-Fenders in exchange for the returning player rights to Cleveland Melvin.
Appling (6'1, 185, Michigan State) went undrafted in the 2014 NBA draft and later signed with the Los Angeles Lakers. He was waived by the Lakers in October and was acquired by the D-Fenders as an affiliate player. Appling made 28 appearances this season with the D-Fenders, averaging 8.0 points per game.
Appling is scheduled to play Sunday when Erie takes on the division-leading Maine Red Claws at 2:00 PM for "Salute Our Troops" day, presented by LECOM.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 7, 2015
- McNeal Explodes for 40 Points in Jam Win - Bakersfield Jam
- Fourth Quarter Explosion Leads Skyforce Past Drive - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Fall Short to Bakersfield Jam - Austin Spurs
- Skyforce Come Back to Stun Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Canton Improves Playoff Positioning with Road Win - Canton Charge
- Delaware Seals Win over Westchester Knicks - Westchester Knicks
- Mad Ants Drop Game to Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stampede Acquires Jared Cunningham - Idaho Stampede
- BayHawks Trade for Appling - Erie BayHawks
- Mavericks Reassign Dwight Powell to the NBA D-League's Texas Legends - G League
- Record Setting Game Leads the Bighorns to Win - Reno Bighorns
- Santa Cruz Herds Stampede for Seventh Straight Win - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Trampled by Bighorns - Texas Legends
- D-Fenders Win Impressively at Home - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.