Battle Creek Knights Select Kenny Langhorne with 9th pick and Duke Cleveland with 18th pick
Chicago, Illinois-The Battle Creek Knights selected Kenny Langhorne with the 9th overall pick in the first round and Duke Cleveland with the 18th overall pick in the second round of today's Premier Basketball League Draft at the ESPN Sports Zone in Chicago.
"We are excited to select Kenny Langhorne. He was an IBL All Star. He was one of the leagues leading scorers, and an outstanding defensive player. Kenny brings to us another deadly shooter from the wing. Kenny is hard to defend, due to his ability to get to the basket as well. He was also a league leader in free throw attempts, and percentage where he shoots 90%. We are also pleased that Kenny is a young man of great character. He is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Kenny will be a fan favorite in Battle Creek. He always as time, and a nice thing to say to anybody that approaches him," said Terry Sare, Battle Creek Knights Head Coach.
Kenny Langhorne, a 6'5 guard, has been a proven scoring leader at every level of professional basketball that he has played including stops with the Las Vegas Venom (ABA), Arkansas Impact (PBA), and the Grand Rapids Flight (IBL). Kenny is from Columbus, Ohio and went to college at Columbus State Community College. Then on to Southern Arkansas University. Kenny was named Defensive Player of the Year between (2000-2002) while attending Columbus State Community College. Kenny averaged 20 points per game while playing for the Arkansas Impact of the PBL during 2007-2008.
"Basketball fans in the Cereal City are in for a real treat with Kenny being in a Knights uniform for the upcoming season," stated David Darkey, Knights General Manager.
"Duke is one of the hardest workers in professional basketball and his leadership skills will assist the Knights in being successful during the 2009 PBL season," said Terry Sare, Battle Creek Knights head coach.
Duke Cleveland, a 6'8" forward/center, has been a leader at every level of basketball that he has played including Plainwell High School, Grand Valley State University, Michigan Mayhem of the CBA, and the Grand Rapids Flight of the IBL. Since graduating from Plainwell High School, Duke Cleveland played four season for GVSU. Duke was a leader in minutes played, rebounds, block shots, and points per game average for the GVSU Lakers.
Duke has been team captain the past four seasons. 2 years as team captain for the Grand Rapids Flight (2005-2006). 2 years with the Battle Creek Knights (2007-2008). This will be Duke's third season with the Battle Creek Knights.
"Duke is a first class person on and off the basketball court. Duke is a person who will try his best to make sure the Knights 2009 season is successful," stated, David Darkey, Battle Creek Knights General Manager.
For more information on the Knights selecting Kenny Langhorne with the 9th overall pick and Duke Cleveland with the 18th overall pick in the 2009 PBL draft, please contact the Battle Creek Knights professional basketball team offices (McCamly Place) at 269-965-5001 or email the team at [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from October 16, 2008
- Manchester Millrats Select Sam Carey with Sixth Pick in PBL Draft - Saint John Riptide
- Frost Heaves pick John Bryant with first round pick - Vermont Frost Heaves
- Detroit Panthers select Willie Mitchell number one in PBL draft - PBL
- Battle Creek Knights Select Kenny Langhorne with 9th pick and Duke Cleveland with 18th pick - Battle Creek Knights
- RazorSharks use draft pick to select local talent, trade second round selection - Rochester RazorSharks
- Rainmen Draft Power Forward With Second Pick - Halifax Rainmen
- Rainmen Draft Former Axemen All-Star - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Battle Creek Knights Stories
- Battle Creek Knights Finish 2010-2011 Winter Season
- Battle Creek Knights Name Players 7 And 8 To Roster
- Battle Creek Knights Name Three More Players To 2010 Roster
- Battle Creek Knights Sign First 3 Players For 2010 Campaign
- Knights Take Bite Out Of Sea Dawgs, Win Series 2-1