Knights Take Bite Out Of Sea Dawgs, Win Series 2-1
Battle Creek, MI - Rashi Johnson had a game high 24 and Frank Phillips tossed in 21 to lead Battle Creek to a 119-112 victory over Wilmington. Battle Creek wins their first round playoff series two games to one and will take on the winner of Saturday's Manchester/Rochester game in the best of three finals.
Wilmington came out strong, holding a 12 point lead after one quarter. The strength of the lead came on an 11-0 run which was spurred by a pair of Kris Clark three balls.
Battle Creek would come back in the second and would cut the lead to seven at the break and would take a two point lead into the third. In the fourth, the teams would battle back and forth before Battle Creek came out on top with a seven point victory.
The Sea Dawgs were led by Alex Harper who had 23 and Kris Clark who poured in 22. Harper and Clark led five Sea Dawgs in double figures.
Notes: The dates of the championship series between Battle Creek and the winner of the Rochester/Manchester game have yet to be determined. Frank Phillips had a double-double with 12 rebounds on top of his 21 points.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from April 6, 2009
- Knights Take Bite Out Of Sea Dawgs, Win Series 2-1 - Battle Creek Knights
- PBL Weekly Report - PBL
- Game Three Of Rochester Vs. Manchester Series Date Changed - PBL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Battle Creek Knights Stories
- Battle Creek Knights Finish 2010-2011 Winter Season
- Battle Creek Knights Name Players 7 And 8 To Roster
- Battle Creek Knights Name Three More Players To 2010 Roster
- Battle Creek Knights Sign First 3 Players For 2010 Campaign
- Knights Take Bite Out Of Sea Dawgs, Win Series 2-1