Rainmen Draft Power Forward With Second Pick
(Halifax, N.S.) The Halifax Rainmen used their second pick in the PBL entry draft today to choose 6'8" power forward David Bailey from Prince George's Community College in Maryland.
Bailey is coming off a career high with the Maryland Nighthawks where he posted averages of 10.6 points per game and a team-high 7.6 rebounds per game.
Rainmen owner Andre Levingston believes Bailey will add energy to the floor. "This guy lets people know he's on the floor, he's powerful and will be good on the rebounds."
"Bailey plays hard," added Rainmen head coach Rick Lewis. "He's going to be a presence on the court. I'm sure Halifax fans will love his style."
Bailey will join the Rainmen when training camp opens in early December.
• Discuss this story on the Premier Basketball League message board...
Premier Basketball League Stories from October 16, 2008
- Manchester Millrats Select Sam Carey with Sixth Pick in PBL Draft - Saint John Riptide
- Frost Heaves pick John Bryant with first round pick - Vermont Frost Heaves
- Detroit Panthers select Willie Mitchell number one in PBL draft - PBL
- Battle Creek Knights Select Kenny Langhorne with 9th pick and Duke Cleveland with 18th pick - Battle Creek Knights
- RazorSharks use draft pick to select local talent, trade second round selection - Rochester RazorSharks
- Rainmen Draft Power Forward With Second Pick - Halifax Rainmen
- Rainmen Draft Former Axemen All-Star - Halifax Rainmen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Halifax Rainmen Stories
- Players, Fans and Supporters Cheated out of Championship
- Rainmen Owner to Offer Comment and Clarification
- Tonight's Championship Game Canceled
- Rainmen Viewing Party for the Championship Game at Bubba Ray's Sports Bar
- Halifax Drops Game Six After Stunning Second Half Collapse