Barons sign Ed Campbell
CLEVELAND - Cleveland Barons General Manager Wayne Thomas announced today that the club has signed veteran defenseman Ed Campbell to a 25-game PTO contract.
Campbell is entering his 10th year of professional hockey, making him the most experienced player on the Barons roster. Last season he served as captain of the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, earning three points (1-2-3) in 44 games. He also played 12 games for the Milwaukee Admirals and one game with the Hershey Bears. The Worcester, MA native was drafted by the New York Rangers in the 8th round (190th overall) of the 1993 NHL Entry Draft.
The signing completes the Barons opening day roster, which features 23 total players.
The Barons will open their 2005-06 Regular Season schedule on the National City Rink located in The Q on Saturday, October 8th against the Rochester Americans at 7:05pm. Tickets for all regular season games are on sale now at The Q Box Office, Ticketmaster outlets and on-line at the Barons official website. For more information, contact the Front Office at 216.420.0000 or Crash The Net at www.clevelandbarons.net.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2005
- Stars begin AHL season - Iowa Chops
- Rivermen win first game in franchise history - Peoria Rivermen
- Monarchs name Seeley captain - Manchester Monarchs
- Pack Re-assign Three - Connecticut Whale
- Cam Stewart rejoins organization - Houston Aeros
- Daum tabs Law as captain - Houston Aeros
- River Rats Announce Broadcast Partners - Albany River Rats
- Admirals and STIHL Inc. team up for Man of STIHL award - Norfolk Admirals
- Iowa Stars begin inaugural season tonight - Iowa Chops
- Admirals announce team captains - Norfolk Admirals
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights name MacDonald captain - Abbotsford Heat
- Barons sign Ed Campbell - Cleveland Barons
- Barons to join Red Cross in season opener - Cleveland Barons
- Penguins hold first open tryout - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.