Barber Poles Edge Frontenacs in a Shootout
OTTAWA - The Ottawa 67's were on the road to Napanee this Friday, playing in their fourth game of the pre-season at the Strathcona Paper Centre against the Kingston Frontenacs, the same side they had played against eleven days prior.
After a 0-0 opening period, the 67's went on to turn it up offensively in the second period, where they scored three goals and headed to the dressing room with a 3-1 lead with 20 minutes left to play in the game.
Following what was a crazy third period, that saw a total of four goals, including a late game tying effort by Kingston to eventually send things all the way to a shootout, where the Barber Poles came out winners, improving their record to 3-1-0-0 this pre-season.
The 67's will be wrapping up their pre-season schedule this Sunday, September 15th against the Gatineau Olympiques at the Complexe Branchaud Brière. Ottawa's regular season home opener will take place on Sunday, September 29th at 2:00 PM, when they take on the Peterborough Petes.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 13, 2019
- Firebirds Improve to 3-0 with Friday Victory in Saginaw - Flint Firebirds
- Spirit Fall Friday Night in Preseason Action - Saginaw Spirit
- Barber Poles Edge Frontenacs in a Shootout - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Beat The Colts 6-5 - Kitchener Rangers
- IceDogs Fall to Petes 6-5 in Shootout - Niagara IceDogs
- 143 OHL Players Attend 2019 NHL Training Camps - OHL
- Game Preview: Spirit Host Firebirds in Preseason Action - Saginaw Spirit
- Hockey Fights Cancer Looking for Head Shave Participants - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.