B-Sens Shutout by Devils
ALBANY, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators fell 3-0 to the Albany Devils on Sunday afternoon.
Following a scoreless first period, Paul Geiger netted his first professional goal with 30 seconds to play in the second period sending the B-Sens to the locker room trailing 1-0 and being outshot 31-10 over two periods.
Scott Wedgewood left the ice 7:11 into the final period after taking a shot off the mask from Phil Varone with Yann Danis stepping in for relief. Marc-Andre Gragnani scored his first goal of the season with less than five minutes remaining in regulation to double the host's lead. Graham Black sealed the win for the Devils with an empty-net goal bringing the final score to 3-0.
Chris Driedger had 39 stops in the losing effort while Danis stopped 4 shots and Wedgewood earned the win with 15 saves.
The B-Sens head to Utica on Wednesday for a 7:00p.m. puck drop against the Comets. Fans can listen live on US 96.9FM, WINR 680AM or on the iHeart Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 3, 2016
- Stockton Scores Early in Overtime to Post 2-1 Win - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Clinch Berth in 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Agostino's Tally 12-Seconds into Overtime Gives Heat 2-1 Win over San Diego - Stockton Heat
- Amerks Close out Weekend with 5-2 Loss to Griffins - Rochester Americans
- Pirates Score Three Unanswered Goals to Defeat Penguins - Portland Pirates
- Quine scores only goal for Bridgeport in loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Kings Recall Defenseman Kevin Gravel from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Falcons Win Second Straight - Springfield Falcons
- Guentzel Scores His First in Penguins Loss to Portland - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- IceCaps Sign Addison to ATO - St. John's IceCaps
- Albany Devils Set Two Records in 3-0 Win against Binghamton Senators - Albany Devils
- Audette Reassigned to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Comets Stumble Late Versus Syracuse - Utica Comets
- Crunch Extinguish Comets, 7-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Bears Clinch Playoff Berth in Overtime Setback - Hershey Bears
- Providence Exacts Revenge on Hershey, 2-1 - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens Shutout by Devils - Binghamton Senators
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Falcons Sign Forward Currier - Springfield Falcons
- Flames Assign Poirier to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- Comets Release Michael Pereira from PTO - Utica Comets
- Heat Visit San Diego for Afternoon Clash in SoCal - Stockton Heat
- Game Day: Devils vs. Senators, 3 PM - Albany Devils
- Condors Stifled by Reign - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls Bounce Barracuda 5-3 - San Diego Gulls
- Hogs Come up Short in Overtime - Rockford IceHogs
- SJ Barracuda Fall in San Diego 5-3 in Season Finale vs. Gulls - San Jose Barracuda
- Budaj Denies Condors; Snaps Ontario's Losing Streak with 2-0 Shutout Win - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.