B-Sens Fall to Springfield 4-0
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators fell to the Springfield Thunderbirds 4-0 on Saturday night in front of over 3,400 fans at Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.
The Thunderbirds were the only team able to convert in the first period scoring two goals to take the lead. Tim Bozon scored his second of the year after bringing the puck from center ice down the left wing side and behind the net before firing a shot from the right wing circle that deflected of a B-Sens' skate and into the net. Paul Thompson notched his fourth of the year in a similar fashion after his shot from the left side caught a B-Sens player's skate wrong and bounced past Matt O'Connor on a power-play chance. Binghamton went to the locker room for the first intermission trailing 2-0 despite outshooting Springfield 12-8.
Springfield added to its lead after Mackenzie Weegar put home a one-time feed from Ryan Horvat with Anthony Greco picking up the secondary assist with less than nine minutes remaining in the middle frame. Horvat took the puck behind the net and found Weegar coming up the right side for his third goal of the year. The B-Sens headed into the final intermission down 3-0 and being outshot 10-9.
The visiting team pushed the final score to 4-0 following an empty-net goal by Horvat with less than three minutes to play after O'Connor was brought back to the bench in favor of an extra skater. Matt Leitner and Jakub Kindl assisted in the final goal of the game.
Reto Berra finished his shutout bid with 31 saves while O'Connor had 20 stops in the losing effort.
The B-Sens are back on home ice Tuesday, November 15, at 7:05 p.m. when the St. John's IceCaps visit for the first time this season. Tickets are available by calling the Executive Office on Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. until the second intermission at (607) 722-7367. Fans can tune in on U.S. Country 96.9 FM, 680 AM, iHeartRadio's website and mobile app, and AHL Live.
Affordable ticket packages for the 2016-17 season of Binghamton Senators hockey are on sale now! For more information on tickets, including pricing and location, visit www.binghamtonsenators.com or call the Senators front office at 607-722-SENS(7367).
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.binghamtonsenators.com. Follow the Senators all year long on Facebook (/binghamtonsenators), Twitter (@SenatorsAHL), Instagram (@senatorsahl), Snapchat (@bsenshockey), and the team's Youtube channel (/BinghamtonSenators).
Images from this story
B-Sens Fall to Springfield 4-0
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2016
- Condors Dump Tucson in Overtime Thriller, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Wallop Wild with 6-5 Shootout Win - Ontario Reign
- Lucky 7 Phantoms High Powered Offense Lights up Toronto - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Griffins Win Third Straight, Defeat Milwaukee 4-3 in Overtime - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Darren Archibald's Overtime Hero - Utica Comets
- Reign Squeezes Past Wild 6-5 in a Shootout - Iowa Wild
- GAME RECAP: Checkers' Streak Snapped by Stingy IceHogs - Charlotte Checkers
- Tanner Richard's First Career Hat Trick Leads Crunch to 7-2 Victory - Syracuse Crunch
- WOLF PACK GAME RECAP - Utica Comets 3, Hartford Wolf Pack 2 (OT) - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Game Recap: Sound Tigers 4, Bears 3 (So) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolves Drop Second Straight against Monsters - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Deliver Gutsy 3-1 Win over Providence - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- MONSTERS GAME SUMMARY: Monsters Storm Back, Best Wolves 4-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- B-Sens Fall to Springfield 4-0 - Binghamton Senators
- P-Bruins Drop Final Game of Road Trip 3-1 to Penguins - Providence Bruins
- Pietila's Hat Trick Paces Devils to Comeback Win - Albany Devils
- RECAP | IceCaps Edged 4-3 by Devils - St. John's IceCaps
- Avalanche Recall Forward A.J. Greer - San Antonio Rampage
- Forward Petr Straka Traded to New Jersey Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Acquire F Petr Straka from Philadelphia - Albany Devils
- Goaltender Jack Campbell Recalled to Kings; Goalie Jack Flinn Joins - Ontario Reign
- 'H' Is for Hockey, Help and Home - Iowa Wild
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold LEGO Night Presented by Bricks 4 Kidz November - Syracuse Crunch
- Winnipeg Jets Release - Jets Recall Quinton Howden from the Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Host Tucson at 6 p.m.; NFL Football Giveaway - Bakersfield Condors
- IceHogs Host Checkers on Brovember Night - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Recall Forward Shawn Ouellette-St. Amant - San Antonio Rampage
- Game Day: St. John's IceCaps vs. Albany Devils -- 5 PM - Albany Devils
- WWII Iwo Jima Veteran to Drop Ceremonial Faceoff Tonight - Binghamton Senators
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Clash with Wild Tonight in Iowa - Ontario Reign
- A.J. Greer Tallies Third Multi-Point Game - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.