Aviators steal series from St. Paul
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - The Coastal Bend "Come Back Kids" broke through offensively in the ninth inning to come from behind once again for the 5-4 win against the St. Paul Saints.
The Aviators pitched by committee, using five pitchers in the effort. J.R. Pickens was the pitcher of record, improving to 3-0 on the season.
Offensively the Aviators were led by veteran Andy Wilson, who went two for four with one RBI and one run scored. The Coastal Bend Aviators will begin an eight day, six game road trip with two three game series versus Sioux City and Lincoln.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 4, 2006
- Humphries, Sports down Cats 4-2 - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- American Association recaps - AA
- X's knock off St. Joe 3-1 - Sioux City Explorers
- Win slips from Birds grip - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Aviators steal series from St. Paul - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Big innings defeat Canaries - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.