Aviators Rally Falls Short 6-4
Coastal Bend starter Derrick Van Dusen had a rough outing, surrendering 4 runs in the first two innings as Pensacola salvaged the final game of a 3 game set, defeating the Aviators 6-4.
Coastal Bend rallied in the ninth when Bryon Smith hit a two run homer, his second of the night to pull the Aviators within 2 runs. Grant Richardson and Stephen Morales followed with singles and Juan Figueroa stepped to the plate representing the winning run. Figueroa lifted a fly ball to shallow left center and Nathan Warrick made a diving catch to end the ballgame.
Pensacola Starter Matt Creighton was lifted after 4.2 innings, one out shy of qualifying for the victory. Hunter Davis who pitched 2.1 innings got the win to improve his record to 2-1. With the loss Van Dusen falls to 4-3.
The Pelicans were led by their number 3 and 4 hitters who went a combined 4 for 9 with 3 RBI and a run scored. JD Foust went 2 for 3 with an RBI and run scored for Coastal Bend. All tolled, the Aviators left 13 men on base.
With the loss the Aviators fall to 14-18. They now head to El Paso for 4 games in three days beginning with a doubleheader tomorrow at 6:05pm. The game can be heard locally on KOPY 1070 AM and online at www.aviatorsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 14, 2007
- American Association Recap - AA
- Diablos Rally Falls Short, 11-9 - El Paso Diablos
- Aviators Rally Falls Short 6-4 - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Shreveport, Fort Worth Rained Out - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
- Mahomes To Pitch On Saturday Night - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Pelicans TV Coaches Show on COX - Pensacola Pelicans
- Saints Pitcher Villarreal Contract Purshased by Phillies - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.