Aviators complete the sweep
ROBSTOWN, TEXAS - The Coastal Bend Aviators finished off the El Paso Diablos in Game Three of the series 12-2, completing the sweep.
Eight of the starting nine Aviators had at least one base hit in the game. The number two and three hitters, Bryon Smith and Matt Creighton, went a combined 6-10 at the plate with 5 RBI's and 5 runs scored. Bryon Smith was the Offensive Player of the Game.
The pitching performance was equally impressive if not more, behind southpaw Derrick Van Dusen. The "Deuce" went seven innings allowing two hits and two runs, both unearned in his second win of the season. The Defensive Player of the Game struck out seven and filtered through the heavy hitting El Paso line-up with ease.
The Coastal Bend won four for six in the homestand and are now 11-3 at Fairgrounds Field.
Join the Avaitors Tuesday night as they will be in Shreveport, Louisiana to begin a three game series with the Sports. Catch all the action live by tuning in to ESPN 1230 KSIX OR 1150 KCCT (Check local listings) Call 361-387-8585 for all ticketing needs, or visit the ticket office at the ballpark when in town.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from May 28, 2006
- American Association Recaps - AA
- Aviators complete the sweep - Coastal Bend Aviators
- Sioux City Uses the Long Ball to Rout St. Joe - St. Joseph Blacksnakes
- Canaries overcome by big fourth inning - Sioux Falls Canaries
- First baseman Juan Camacho sold to the Chicago White Sox - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.