Austin Spurs Aquire Orlando Johnson
AUSTIN (Dec. 3, 2014) - The Austin Spurs presented by SWBC today announced that they have acquired guard Orlando Johnson. As a result, Russell Robinson was released from the team.
Johnson was the 36th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings . He was immediately traded to the Indiana Pacers where in his first two seasons he played in 89 games averaging 3.2 points and 1.7 rebounds. He was assigned to the NBA D-League with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants averaging 23.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists in four games. In February 2014, Johnson signed a ten day contract with the Sacramento Kings and played in seven games. Johnson (6-5, 225) earned numerous recommendations throughout his collegiate career at Loyola Marymount and University of California Santa Barbara including First-team All- Big West Conference (2010-2012), Big West Player of the Year (2010), and AP Honorable Mention All-American (2010).
Johnson will wear No. 16 when the Austin Spurs play the Idaho Stampede this Friday at 7:30 p.m. at the SWBC Court at Cedar Park Center.
For tickets or more information call the Austin Spurs office (512) 236-8333 or visit austinspurs.com or ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2014
- Heat Assign Andre Dawkins to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Aquire Orlando Johnson - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Announce "Season of Giving" Campaign - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Westchester Knicks Sweep Erie BayHawks with 100-94 Win - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Host Affiliate and Scout Nights this Weekend - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Jarnell Stokes from Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.