Austin Spurs Aquire Orlando Johnson
AUSTIN (Dec. 3, 2014) - The Austin Spurs presented by SWBC today announced that they have acquired guard Orlando Johnson. As a result, Russell Robinson was released from the team.
Johnson was the 36th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings . He was immediately traded to the Indiana Pacers where in his first two seasons he played in 89 games averaging 3.2 points and 1.7 rebounds. He was assigned to the NBA D-League with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants averaging 23.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists in four games. In February 2014, Johnson signed a ten day contract with the Sacramento Kings and played in seven games. Johnson (6-5, 225) earned numerous recommendations throughout his collegiate career at Loyola Marymount and University of California Santa Barbara including First-team All- Big West Conference (2010-2012), Big West Player of the Year (2010), and AP Honorable Mention All-American (2010).
Johnson will wear No. 16 when the Austin Spurs play the Idaho Stampede this Friday at 7:30 p.m. at the SWBC Court at Cedar Park Center.
For tickets or more information call the Austin Spurs office (512) 236-8333 or visit austinspurs.com or ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 3, 2014
- Heat Assign Andre Dawkins to Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Austin Spurs Aquire Orlando Johnson - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Announce "Season of Giving" Campaign - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Update - G League
- Westchester Knicks Sweep Erie BayHawks with 100-94 Win - Westchester Knicks
- Austin Spurs Host Affiliate and Scout Nights this Weekend - Austin Spurs
- Memphis Grizzlies Recall Jarnell Stokes from Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- San Antonio Recalls Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs Fall to Sioux Falls Skyforce 116-111
- San Antonio Recalls Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV from Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs Defeat Texas Legends 121-117
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs