Austin Spurs Acquire Armon Johnson
AUSTIN (April 2, 2015) - The Austin Spurs, presented by SWBC, today announced they have acquired guard Armon Johnson. The roster now stands at 13, including San Antonio Spurs assignee Kyle Anderson. Johnson (6-3, 195) will wear jersey No. 14 tonight when the team hosts the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 7:30 p.m. at Cedar Park Center.
Johnson's most recent play has been overseas in the Liga ACB and LNB Pro A leagues. The 34th overall pick by the Portland Trail Blazers in the 2010 NBA Draft, Johnson has appeared in 47 NBA career games with the Blazers and New Jersey Nets, averaging 3.3 points and 1.0 rebounds in 8.5 minutes per game. The former University of Nevada product spent part of the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons with the Idaho Stampede of the D-League, averaging 15.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.5 assists in 15 games. Collegiately, Johnson played three years with the Wolfpack where he averaged 14.3 points, 4.4 assists and 3.7 rebounds in 32.7 minutes.
Fans who wear blue tonight in recognition of World Autism Day (April 2) can catch Johnson's debut with the team free of charge. For ticket information call the Austin Spurs office at (512) 236-8333 or visit austinspurs.com or ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 2, 2015
- Austin Topped by Rio Grande Valley - Austin Spurs
- Austin Spurs Acquire Armon Johnson - Austin Spurs
- Grand Rapids Drive Acquire Jerrell Sanders - Grand Rapids Drive
- West Division Watch Party Saturday - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Kings Sign Sim Bhullar from NBA D-League's Reno Bighorns - G League
- Kings Sign Sim Bhullar to a 10-Day Contract - Reno Bighorns
- Skyforce Clinch Central Division Title - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.