Austin Bold Adds Midfielder George Acosta to Roster
Austin, TX - Austin Bold FC adds U.S. Youth International and Boca Juniors midfielder George Acosta to the 2019 USL Championship roster for the remainder of the season pending league and federation approval.
"George and I worked together on the national team, and in a short time, gained valuable experience with his years in Argentina. He has a bright future here in the U.S., and we're glad to have him in our family!" said Austin Bold F.C. Head Coach Marcelo Serrano.
Acosta, 19, started his playing career in 2014 when he moved from South Florida youth club Weston FC to Estudiantes de La Plata in the Superliga Argentina. After Argentina, Acosta moved back to the United States to play and study at IMG Academy in Bradenton, FL. Acosta participated in the Montaigu Tournament in France with the U-16 U.S. Boys National Team. His six goals (most of the tournament) helped the United States lift the trophy for the first time since 1992. Acosta joined the U-17 U.S. Men's National team for the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup in India where he made two appearances and scored one goal. Following impressive performances with the U.S. Youth National Team, Acosta joined Argentina giants Boca Juniors in 2017.
"I'm happy to be here. Since joining Austin Bold F.C., I felt accepted by the team and the organization has helped me instantly feel comfortable. I hope to do well in the upcoming months, help the team in the playoffs, and potentially win a trophy with them," said Acosta.
"Having some of the best players of today and tomorrow is a goal the ownership gave coach Marcelo and I. Acosta fits this concept perfectly. He's someone that we know will play in the highest levels of soccer in the coming years. He has the opportunity of being one of the USMNT top stars in the near future," said Austin Bold F.C. General Manager Roberto Silva. "Allowing our Austin soccer community to cheer for this type of player makes our job worth while."
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 28, 2019
- Lights FC Level on the Road against Tulsa - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Draw against Las Vegas Lights 1-1 - FC Tulsa
- Legion FC Settles for Draw, Keeps Unbeaten Streak Alive at Loudoun - Birmingham Legion FC
- Loudoun United Draw with the Birmingham Legion 1-1 at Segra Field - Loudoun United FC
- ATL UTD 2 Falls 2-1 against Memphis 901 FC - Atlanta United 2
- Najem's Two Second-Half Goals Rally Memphis 901 FC to Three Points - Memphis 901 FC
- Aaron Cervantes Named to U-17 MNT 23-Player Roster for the 4 Nations Tournament - Orange County SC
- Nashville SC's Official Watch Party this Saturday at TailGate Brewery - Nashville SC
- North Carolina FC Defender Adam Armour Included in U.S. U-17 Youth National Team Squad for 4 Nations Tournament - North Carolina FC
- Austin Bold Adds Midfielder George Acosta to Roster - Austin Bold FC
- Akinyode's Match-Winning Goal Brings Back Memories of Mensah's Iconic 2018 Winner - Nashville SC
- Independence Announce 2020 Season Membership, American Legion Memorial Stadium Priority - Charlotte Independence
- LouCity Preps for Friday Night Showdown vs. Indy - Louisville City FC
- Mukhtar's Championship-Winning Goal Begins Journey to Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 26 - USL
- Charity Match Kit Revealed - Hartford Athletic
- Real Monarchs SLC Transfers Stanley Okumu to IF Elfsborg for Record USL Championship Fee - Real Monarchs SLC
- It's Match Day at ONEOK Tonight: Gates Open at 6:30 - FC Tulsa
- Tacoma Defiance Hangs Tough with Top Team in League But Falls in Final Minutes - Tacoma Defiance
- Phoenix Rising Wins 16th Match in a Row Following Three-Goal Flurry in Final Moments - Phoenix Rising FC
- Poku Named to Championship Team of the Week - Tampa Bay Rowdies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bold FC Stories
- Austin Bold FC Announces Six Returning Players for 2021 Season
- USL Academy League Reveals Founding South-Central Division Members
- Austin Bold FC Finishes the Season with 2-1 Victory over San Antonio FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V San Antonio FC
- Austin Bold FC Fall 2-0 to Rio Grande Valley FC