Atlanta United Announces Multi-Year Contract Extension with FOX Sports South and FOX Sports Southeast
ATLANTA - Atlanta United today announced a multi-year contract extension with FOX Sports South and FOX Sports Southeast to remain as the club's exclusive regional television rights holder. The networks have televised all regionally available matches since the inaugural season in 2017 and will continue to do so through 2022. Additionally, the FOX Sports broadcast team that has covered Atlanta United for the past two seasons will return in 2020, including play-by-play announcer Kevin Egan, analyst Dan Gargan and host/reporter Jillian Sakovits.
"FOX Sports South and Southeast have done a tremendous job broadcasting our matches since our inaugural season and we're thrilled to continue our exclusive partnership going forward," said Atlanta United President Darren Eales. "They've shown a commitment to produce the best local broadcast in MLS and that's played a key role in cultivating our ever-growing fan base. Kevin, Dan and Jillian have done a superb job and we're equally excited for each of them to join us again next year."
Atlanta United matches televised on the networks will also be available on FOX Sports GO (FOXSportsGO.com), a free app that provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content through programming distributors. Extensive United coverage from the networks will also be available on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
"It has been a privilege to televise Atlanta United matches since the team's inaugural season. This exciting franchise has electrified Atlanta and all of MLS with a multitude of memorable moments, including record-breaking goals, playoff matches and the MLS Cup," said FOX Sports South general manager and senior vice president Jeff Genthner. "We could not be more excited to continue as the exclusive regional television home of Atlanta United matches across the Southeast."
Atlanta United will begin its competitive schedule in 2020 in Concacaf Champions League against FC Motagua. The Round of 16 is scheduled to open Feb. 18-20 with the return leg scheduled for Feb. 25-27. The club will then open its 2020 MLS schedule at Nashville SC on February 29 before hosting its home opener March 7 against FC Cincinnati.
Atlanta United has qualified for MLS Cup Playoffs in each of its first three seasons, including claiming MLS Cup in 2018. Last year, Atlanta finished 18-12-4 (58 points) and reached the Eastern Conference Final. The club also won a pair of trophies last year, beating Minnesota United to win the 2019 U.S. Open Cup and Club América to win the 2019 Campeones Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 13, 2019
- LA Galaxy Tickets to 2020 MLS Home Opener on Sale Now - LA Galaxy
- Real Salt Lake Signs Aaron Herrera to Long-Term Contract Extension - Real Salt Lake
- Atlanta United Announces Multi-Year Contract Extension with FOX Sports South and FOX Sports Southeast - Atlanta United FC
- 2020 SuperDraft Presented by Adidas Set for January 9 - Houston Dynamo
- 2020 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas Set for January 9 - MLS
- 2020 MLS SuperDraft Presented by adidas Set for January 9 - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Western Conference Opponents You Shouldn't Miss in 2020 - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United and the Atlanta Falcons to Retire No. 44 for 2021 Season in Honor of Hank Aaron
- 2021 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Set for April Kickoff
- Atlanta United Selects Josh Bauer and Aiden McFadden in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Atlanta United Acquires $125,000 in General Allocation Money from D.C. United
- Atlanta United Signs Machop Chol as Homegrown Player