Arsenal Shrug Off Mad Ants
ANAHEIM, Calif. (March 4, 2009) - Mad Ants' center Chris Hunter led Fort Wayne in a fourth quarter rally but the Anaheim Arsenal defeated Fort Wayne 112-107 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
The Mad Ants got off to a fast start in the first quarter and opened up a 13 points lead thanks to Hunter and forward Ron Howard scoring 11 a piece in the opening frame as Fort Wayne outscored Anaheim 36-29.
The Arsenal stormed back in the second quarter with guard Cedric Bozeman scoring 12 points in the period. Bozeman finished with 22 points, 16 rebounds, and 8 assists which gave him his sixth double-double on the season.
Anaheim continued to build on their lead in the third quarter as forward Kedrick Brown poured in 9 points to balloon the Arsenal lead to 16 points. Brown ended the night leading the Arsenal with 25 points and added 9 rebounds and 6 assists to his totals.
Fort Wayne's Chris Hunter scored 8 of his points in the pivotal fourth quarter as the Mad Ants attempt to steal the game back from Anaheim fell short. With double digits in points and rebounds, Hunter collected his 17th double-double of the season.
"We came out sluggish and Fort Wayne had their run," Arsenal assistant coach Paul Mokeski noted. "We had our run and we kept on fighting. This was a team win with everyone contributing."
All five Arsenal starters scored in double digits and had at least 9 rebounds as Anaheim out rebounded Fort Wayne 57-35, the most rebounds for the Arsenal this season.
Fort Wayne continues on their road trip and will take on the Reno Bighorns on Friday, March 6th. Anaheim will face the Los Angeles D-Fenders in a home and home series this weekend. The Arsenal will travel to Los Angeles on Friday before returning home on Saturday with tip off at 6:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2009
- Thunderbirds Upset Toros - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Williams propel Skyforce past Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Idaho Stampede 2009-2010 Ticket Prices - Idaho Stampede
- Los Angeles Acquires Earl Barron - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- BayHawks Win School Kid's Jam - Erie BayHawks
- Rockets To Hold Part Of Training Camp In Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bighorns acquire a rebounder, Dakota's Rod Benson - Reno Bighorns
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Arsenal Shrug Off Mad Ants - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.