Los Angeles Acquires Earl Barron
EL SEGUNDO, CA - The Los Angeles D-Fenders have acquired center Earl Barron from the Sioux Falls Skyforce in exchange for C.J. Giles, it was announced today.
Barron, a 7'0", 268-pound center, spent three seasons with the Miami HEAT from 2005-08. The University of Memphis product played in 82 games (15 starts) for Miami, where he averaged 4.9 points and 3.0 rebounds in 13.9 minutes.
Barron previously played in the NBA Development League with the Florida Flame (on assignment from the Miami Heat during the 2005-06 season) and the Huntsville Flight from 2003-05. In 61 career games in the NBA D-League, Barron averaged 12.0 points and 6.1 rebounds.
Giles played in 11 games (nine starts) for the D-Fenders where he averaged 12.5 points, 8.3 rebounds and 2.1 blocks in 27.0 minutes.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 5, 2009
- Thunderbirds Upset Toros - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Williams propel Skyforce past Energy - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Idaho Stampede 2009-2010 Ticket Prices - Idaho Stampede
- Los Angeles Acquires Earl Barron - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- BayHawks Win School Kid's Jam - Erie BayHawks
- Rockets To Hold Part Of Training Camp In Rio Grande Valley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Bighorns acquire a rebounder, Dakota's Rod Benson - Reno Bighorns
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Arsenal Shrug Off Mad Ants - Anaheim Arsenal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt