Arsenal Holds On Against Bighorns
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Feb. 08, 2009) - The Reno Bighorns rallied against the Anaheim Arsenal but fell 105-99 in a Sunday matinee game.
The Arsenal (11-18) started the game hot with All-Star forward James White having a perfect quarter where he shot 4-4 with two three pointers to lead the Arsenal with 10 points. White kept up his offensive production and finished with 37 points to lead all scorers.
Reno (11-18) was able to jump back in the game in the second quarter to tie the game. Bighorns forward Damone Brown scored 9 points in the frame to lead the Bighorns back into the game. Brown was stymied in the third but finished with 20 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 blocks.
The Bighorns continued to rally in the third quarter as David Noel came off the bench to score 25 points but were unable to capitalize once they had a lead.
Arsenal All-Star Cedric Bozeman made a driving layup with 6:18 left in the fourth to give Anaheim a 89-86 lead which they would retain. Bozeman finished with 25 points, 8 rebounds, and 6 assists.
Reno's Antonio Meeking will join White and Bozeman in Phoenix for the 3rd NBA D-League All-Star Game. The game will tip off at 1 p.m. PST on February 14th and will be broadcasted live on NBA TV.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 8, 2009
- 14ers defeat Jam 110-105 - Bakersfield Jam
- Energy defeat Idaho Stampede 114-106 - Iowa Wolves
- Arsenal Holds On Against Bighorns - Anaheim Arsenal
- Toros edge Vipers, 92-85 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Cavaliers Assign Darnell Jackson to BayHawks - Erie BayHawks
- Sioux Falls Defeats Tulsa in Sunday Matinee - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.