Arsenal Fall Under Wizards' Spell
ANAHEIM, CA - Renaldo Major scored 11 of his 18 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Dakota Wizards over the Anaheim Arsenal 103-98.
Dakota capitalized on a sluggish start by Anaheim by opening up a 35-18 lead in the first quarter. Blake Ahearn led the Wizards with 12 points in the first quarter and finished the game with a team high 27 points.
The third quarter treated the Arsenal crowd to some exciting basketball. The Arsenal offense came out sinking 75% of their field goals to erase the Wizards 24 point advantage. In the midst of the Arsenal comeback, Dakota coach Duane Ticknor was given his second technical foul and ejected from the game, which sent the crowd into a frenzy.
Cedric Bozeman was instrumental in the Arsenal rally as he led the team in scoring in the second and third quarters. Bozeman ended with 28 points and 8 rebounds.
The Wizards came roaring back in the fourth quarter outscoring the Arsenal 31-19 in order to seal the Dakota victory. Will Frisby and Maurice Baker both ended with double digit scoring totals for the Wizards.
James White finished with a season high 31 points while Marcus Campbell and Kedrick Brown ended with double digit scoring totals as well.
Both the Arsenal and the Wizards travel to Orem, Utah to take part in the NBA D-League Showcase. All 16 NBA D-League teams will converge to compete over four days as NBA general managers and scouts check out the NBA D-League's top prospects in action. On January 6th, Anaheim faces off against the Utah Flash while the Wizards challenge the Iowa Energy. All NBA D-League games can be seen online for free via the NBA Futurecast. Check out nba.com/futurecast for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 3, 2009
- Arsenal Fall Under Wizards' Spell - Anaheim Arsenal
- Jamaal Tatum Comes Off Bench To Spark Stampede - Idaho Stampede
- Skyforce routs BayHawks - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Thunderbirds dominate boards, beat Vipers 116-105 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Energy Fall Short Against Ft. Wayne in OT - Iowa Wolves
- 2009 D-League Showcase Tips Off Monday - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Anaheim takes narrow win against Reno Bighorns, 109-106 - Reno Bighorns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.