Arsenal Fall Late Against Bakersfield
ANAHEIM, CA - The Anaheim Arsenal hung on until the final period before falling to the first place Bakersfield Jam 116-105.
After starting guard James White ran into early foul trouble, Noel Felix filled the offensive void by scoring 19 in the first half. Felix ended with 23 points and 7 rebounds before fouling out in the fourth quarter.
The Jam was able to keep pace with the Arsenal offense with the help of center Nick Lewis who led the Jam with 21 points and 10 rebounds.
"Bakersfield played very well," Arsenal coach Sam Vincent said. "They hit some big shots at the end and we just ran out of gas."
Golden State Warrior assignee Richard Hendrix collected five of his nine total rebounds for the Jam in the pivotal third quarter where Bakersfield gained the lead for good. Hendrix ended with 13 points and 1 assist.
Arsenal guard Tierre Brown ended with 21 points and 7 assists while Cedric Bozeman followed with 18 points and 8 rebounds.
The Arsenal continue their homestand on Tuesday, December 9th, against the Tulsa 66ers while the Jam return home to challenge the Utah Flash this Saturday, December 6th at 7:00 p.m.
Arsenal season tickets and group tickets are still available. Call an Arsenal representative at (714) 635-2255 or visit anaheimarsenal.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 6, 2008
- BayHawks Soar Out Of Dakota With A Win - Dakota Wizards
- Jam Shoots 60-Percent , Hammers Flash 122-81 - Utah Flash
- BayHawks Wrap Up Road Trip With Win - Erie BayHawks
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Arsenal Fall Late Against Bakersfield - Anaheim Arsenal
- Opening Night Overtime Thriller Falls Short for 66'ers - Tulsa 66ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.