Arsenal Acquire Marcus Taylor
ANAHEIM, CA (Feb. 18, 2009) - The Anaheim Arsenal, proud affiliates of the Los Angeles Clippers and Atlanta Hawks, announced that they have signed guard Marcus Taylor while releasing forward Bryson McKenzie.
Taylor, a 6'3", 195 pound guard out of Michigan State, was the second round pick (#52 overall) in the 2002 NBA Draft by the Minnesota Timberwolves. He participated in the Timberwolves' training camp but was released before the regular season began. He has extensive professional experience with stints in France, Greece, CBA, and the Albuquerque Thunderbirds and Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Development League.
While playing at Michigan State, Taylor was only the second player in Big Ten history to lead the conference in scoring (17.7) and assists (5.0) in a single season. Taylor was named First Team All-Big Ten in his sophomore season and was a member of the 2001 USA Young Men's World Championship that won the gold medal in 2001.
"I'm excited about the opportunity to have Marcus join us in Anaheim," head coach Sam Vincent stated. "He is a guy who grew up in my hometown and went to my alma mater that grew up earning a lot of accolades and titles but who has remained humble the entire way."
The Arsenal offer Fan Flex Books which offer fans flexibility in attending Arsenal home games. For only $119, the Fan Flex Book includes 12 vouchers which can be redeemed for the best seat in the house at any Arsenal home game. Book holders can use the vouchers for individual games or bring the whole family and use multiple vouchers at one. For more information, please contact a team representative at (714) 635-2255.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 19, 2009
- Mad Ants Clinch Season Series Over Sioux Falls - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Celtics Recall J.R. Giddens From Utah Flash - Utah Flash
- Bighorns to Celebrate Kings Affiliation - Reno Bighorns
- Vipers To Host Winter Texan Night On 26th - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Frahm joins Bighorns - Reno Bighorns
- NBA D-League Developments - G League
- Drive Time:The Official E-Newsletter of the Tulsa 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Mad Ants' Doug Noll Resigns as Assistant Coach - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Arsenal Defeat Vipers in Overtime - Anaheim Arsenal
- Arsenal Acquire Marcus Taylor - Anaheim Arsenal
- Williams Scores 43 In Debut; Vipers Fall In Overtime - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.