Arriola, Moreno and Rodriguez on International Duty Ahead of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff Match
WASHINGTON - D.C. United have announced that three players received international call-ups for upcoming matches. Paul Arriola (USMNT), Júnior Moreno (Venezuela) and Lucas Rodríguez (Argentina U-23's) will join up with their respective national teams. Rodríguez will rejoin the Black-and-Red on Monday, Oct. 14 while Arriola and Moreno will return ahead of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff match against Toronto FC on Saturday, Oct. 19.
Paul Arriola was a part of Gregg Berhalter's roster for the upcoming Concacaf Nations League group stage matches against Cuba and Canada. The midfielder will play at Audi Field against Cuba on Friday, Oct. 11. Arriola will then travel to Toronto to compete against Canada at BMO Field on Tuesday, Oct. 15. The 24-year-old has earned 28 caps since making his debut with the USMNT on May 22, 2016. He has scored five goals and recorded five assists.
Júnior Moreno will join up with the Venezuelan National Team for their upcoming friendlies against Bolivia and Trinidad and Tobago. The Venezuelan National Team will play domestically in the UCV Olympic Stadium in Caracas, Venezuela on Thursday, October 10 (Bolivia) and Monday, Oct. 14 (Trinidad and Tobago). Moreno has scored one goal in 20 appearances for his national team since making his debut on June 3, 2017 in a 1-1 draw with the USMNT; Moreno provided the assist in the match.
Lucas Rodríguez has been called up to the Argentina Under-23 National Team for their upcoming friendly against Mexico on October 9. Rodríguez will not participate in the second friendly against Mexico on Oct. 14. Instead, he will rejoin the Black-and-Red before the weekend's match against Toronto. It is the first call-up for Rodríguez by the Argentina U-23's. The 22-year-old has enjoyed a breakout season in MLS since signing on loan with the Black-and-Red in the offseason. Rodríguez has scored six goals and recorded three assists in 33 appearances this season in MLS.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 8, 2019
- This Week at RSL - Real Salt Lake
- Match Between Tigres U.A.N.L. and Club Santos Laguna at BBVA Stadium Cancelled - Houston Dynamo
- Atlanta United Reaches Contract Extension with Miles Robinson - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club, City of Chicago and Chicago Park District Announce the Team's Return to Soldier Field - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Retires from Professional Soccer - Chicago Fire
- Orji Okwonkwo Named Impact Most Valuable Player - Montreal Impact
- Arriola, Moreno and Rodriguez on International Duty Ahead of Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoff Match - D.C. United
- Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs: Top Seeds Earn Home-Field Advantage - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Announce 16 Players Under Contract for 2020 MLS Season
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands Tour Presented by Events DC Summary
- Live Stream Information for Match against Bermuda National Team in Exhibition Match Presented by Events DC
- D.C. United Announce Traveling Roster for Upcoming Friendly against the Bermuda National Team Presented by Events DC
- Washington Spirit Extends Partnership with D.C. United and Loudoun United FC to Host Four Matches at Audi Field in Addition to Four Games at Segra Field in 2020