Armor Completes Sweep of Skyforce
Sioux Falls, S.D. (March 22, 2011) - The Springfield Armor defeated the Sioux Falls Skyforce 113-106 at the Sioux Falls Arena on Tuesday night. Ben Uzoh had his strongest performance since being assigned to the Armor by the New Jersey Nets on March 15 as he posted 27 points, nine rebounds, five assists and four steals to help his team record back-to-back road wins for the first time in franchise history.
Sioux Falls (10-35) got off to a better start in tonight's matchup with Springfield as they only trailed by three points (27-24) after the first quarter. Springfield pushed the lead to 56-47 at halftime as Gavin Edwards, Lance Hurdle, Jerry Smith and Ben Uzoh each scored 10 points in the first half.
Springfield (13-33) pushed the lead to as many as 19 points (87-68) in the third quarter and appeared to be on their way to another easy win. Sioux Falls trailed 97-86 with just over eight minutes left in the contest but went on an 11-2 run to cut the deficit to two points (99-97) with 4:39 to go. Springfield scored the next six points to take control and send Sioux Falls to their fourth straight loss.
Lance Hurdle scored 23 points behind 4-of-7 3-pointers. Gavin Edwards (19), Chas McFarland (12) Scottie Reynolds (11) and Jerry Smith (10) also posted double figures for the Armor.
Patrick Ewing, Jr. had a monster double-double with 27 points and 15 rebounds to go along with six assists. Sean Marshall and Dominique Coleman contributed 20 and 17 points, respectively, off the bench.
Sioux Falls visits archrival Dakota tomorrow night at 7 p.m. CT. Springfield hosts New Mexico on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 22, 2011
- T-Birds Take Down Jam in Overtime - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Flash Crush Red Claws, Secure Spot in Playoffs - Utah Flash
- Armor Completes Sweep of Skyforce - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Teamwork Leads Tulsa to 97-94 Victory Over Austin - Tulsa 66ers
- Team Ownership Opts to Seek Equity Partners - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Heat Statement on NBA G League Season
- Miami Heat Two-Way Player Gabe Vincent Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- Skyforce Releases Statements Regarding G League Cancellation
- Skyforce Statement on NBA G League Suspension
- Jack Guides Force to Fourth-Straight Home Victory