Argos OL Jamal Campbell Named a Nominee for the 2019 Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award
TORONTO - Toronto Argonauts offensive lineman Jamal Campbell has been named as the team's nominee for this year's Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award. The award recognizes a Canadian CFL player who demonstrates the attributes of Canada's veterans: Strength, perseverance, courage, comradeship and contribution to Canadian communities. The award will be presented to the winner on November 21st at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta.
As a faith leader in Toronto's locker room, Jamal Campbell lends his strength and conviction to his colleagues and teammates. He dressed in 32 games over a three-year span before playing all 18 games this year with the team and was always a consummate professional and a dedicated teammate. Campbell earned the opportunity to start in Week 10 and held the role throughout the second half of the season. Campbell is a source of encouragement and inspiration for his peers, and serves as a voice for the offensive line. He actively works with at-risk youth groups, including the Rexdale Youth Club, and travels to schools within the Greater Toronto Area as part of the Huddle Up anti-bulling program. In addition to starting a turkey giveaway initiative, he joined several Argos at the Salvation Army on Thanksgiving weekend to serve meals and assist families in need.
Previous Argos to have won the Jake Gaudaur Veterans Award include: Matt Black (2016) and James Yurichuk (2014).
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from November 8, 2019
- WR Duron Carter Released - B.C. Lions
- Red and White Back Home to Face Winnipeg in Western Semi-Final - Calgary Stampeders
- QB Justice Hansen Joins Practice Roster - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Ryan King Nominated for Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award - Edmonton Eskimos
- Argos OL Jamal Campbell Named a Nominee for the 2019 Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award - Toronto Argonauts
- Stamps Nominate Wiggan for Gaudaur Award - Calgary Stampeders
- Nine Players Nominated for Jake Gaudaur Veterans' Award - CFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Argonauts Stories
- MLSe Names Teri Dennis-Davies New Senior Vice President, Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
- Statement from Argos GM Michael "Pinball" Clemons on the Cancellation of the 2020 CFL Season
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include BMO Field and BMO as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet'
- Argos Acquire Draft Rights to K Niko Difonte
- Toronto Argonauts Unveil 2020 Draft Class