Appalachian League Unveils 2022 Schedule
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. - The Appalachian League announced the schedule for the 2022 season. Opening Day is set for Thursday, June 2, for all 10 clubs ,featuring home series in Danville, Johnson City, Kingsport, Princeton and Pulaski.
The Opening Day matchups for the Appalachian League are as follows:
Bluefield Ridge Runners at Danville Otterbots
Elizabethton River Riders at Johnson City Doughboys
Greeneville Flyboys at Kingsport Axmen
Bristol State Liners at Princeton WhistlePigs
Burlington Sock Puppets at Pulaski River Turtles
Teams will play 58 games in 66 days. Every team will have a home game either July 3 or July 4. The schedule will feature two and three-game series through Saturday, Aug. 6.
The 2022 Appalachian League All-Star Game will take place Tuesday, July 26. The host city and schedule of events for the All-Star Game will be released at a later date.
The Appalachian League is a part of USA Baseball and powered by MLB. For more information on the Appalachian League, please visit AppyLeague.com and follow @AppyLeague on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from November 19, 2021
- Appalachian League Unveils 2022 Schedule - Johnson City Doughboys
- Appalachian League Unveils 2022 Schedule - Kingsport Axmen
- Danville Otterbots Announce 2022 Schedule - Danville Otterbots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Johnson City Doughboys Stories
- Ennis Named Doughboys Assistant General Manger
- Boyd Sports, LLC Recognized as a 2021 Best Employer in Sports by Front Office Sports
- Appalachian League Unveils 2022 Schedule
- Doughboys Shut out by Sock Puppets
- Nichols Powers Johnson City to Second Straight Win