Anthony Peluso Reassigned To Alaska
PEORIA, Ill. (February 24, 2010) - Peoria Rivermen General Manager Kevin McDonald announced today that winger Anthony Peluso has been reassigned by the St. Louis Blues to Peoria's ECHL affiliate, the Alaska Aces. Defenseman Jason Lepine has also been released from his professional tryout contract.
Peulso, 20, has appeared in 22 games with the Rivermen this season and has recorded one goal and one assist. The 6-4, 234-pound rookie has also accumulated 57 penalty minutes with the Rivermen this season. This will be his third stint with the Aces, having already played in 12 games and picked up four points (one goal, three assists) and 26 penalty minutes. Peluso has also appeared in two games for the Bloomington PrairieThunder (IHL) and recorded an assist with 12 penalty minutes.
A native of North York, Ontatio, Peluso was selected by the St. Louis Blues in the sixth round (#160 overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. He played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League for Erie, Sault Ste. Marie and Brampton. Over his junior career he totaled 246 games, 76 points (39g, 37a) and 491 penalty minutes.
Lepine, 24, has played a total of three games this season for Peoria and has been returned to IHL Bloomington. While with Peoria, he was a minus-1 with two penalty minutes. Lepine has 34 points (seven goals, 27 assists) in 50 games for the PrairieThunder, which ranks him second among all IHL defensemen.
The Rivermen host the Chicago Wolves on Friday night at Carver Arena. All lower-bowl ticks will be available for just $10 all day Friday at the Peoria Civic Center box office. For more information visit the Rivermen team store, call 309-676-1040 or go online to www.rivermen.net/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 24, 2010
- Heat Tame Tigers 3-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Second-Period Rampage Tramples Griffins - San Antonio Rampage
- Reich And Flood Tally Goals In Sound Tiger Loss To Abbotsford - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wingers Win On Winning Weekday - Manchester Monarchs
- Falcons Fall To Monarchs 5-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Adirondack Nipped By Syracuse In Goal Fest 6-5 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Rally Past Phantoms - Syracuse Crunch
- Bulldogs Drop Marlies 3-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Another Comeback Fall Short, Lose 4-3 To Norfolk - Binghamton Senators
- Vesce Powers Sharks Past Pirates, 3-1 - Worcester Sharks
- Mihalik's Slap Shot Pushes Norfolk Past Binghamton - Norfolk Admirals
- Rampage End Road Road Trip With 3-2 Victory In Grand Rapids - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Slip Past Pirates To End Point Streak - Portland Pirates
- NHL Veteran Brad May To Join Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Heat Insider - Abbotsford Heat
- Kings Recall Cliche, Clune - Manchester Monarchs
- Bachman Assigned To Idaho, Ford Re-Signed - Texas Stars
- Wolves Announce Change To Broadcast Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- Anthony Peluso Reassigned To Alaska - Peoria Rivermen
- York Remembers Olympic Moment - Rochester Americans
- Moose Recall Pope From Bakersfield - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Offer Smiles And A Home-Cooked Meal To Families - Rochester Americans
- Monsters Take AHL's Top Team To Shootout Before Falling - Cleveland Monsters
- Manitoba's AHL Off-Ice Official Selected To Work Men's Gold Medal - Manitoba Moose
- Lightning Name Jim Johnson Assistant Coach - Norfolk Admirals
- Labatt's Celebrity Bartending Series Continues March 2 At Quaker Steak And Lube - Syracuse Crunch
- Florida Panthers Recall Trio - Rochester Americans
- AHL Unveils 2009-10 Top Prospects Trading Card Set - AHL
- Admirals Sign Goaltender Matt Lundin To PTO - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Goalie Jaroslav Janus Recalled By Lightning - Norfolk Admirals
- Hang Out With The Hogs On Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- New York Rangers Recall Johnson From Wolf Pack, Assign Valiquette - Connecticut Whale
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Thrashers Recall Mannino - Chicago Wolves
- AHL Quick Hits - Manitoba Moose
- Griffins Host Rampage For "Winning Wednesday" - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peoria Rivermen Stories
- Peoria's Jean-Guy Trudel Named SPHL Coach of the Year
- Rivermen Bear Down in Final Two Periods Wednesday
- Rivermen Game Notes: #1 Peoria Rivermen vs #5 Knoxville Ice Bears
- Peoria's Dave Pszenyczny Named SPHL Defenseman of the Year
- Rivermen Set to Battle Ice Bears in Semis