Anaheim Arsenal acquire NBA veteran Derrick Dial
Anaheim, Calif., February 29, 2008 - The Anaheim Arsenal acquire 6'4" guard, Derrick Dial. Dial played professional basketball overseas in Greece last season and is an NBA veteran, having played for the San Antonio Spurs, New Jersey Nets, Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic and Phoenix Suns.
Dial played four college seasons with Eastern Michigan where he averaged 15.5 points per game and 5.7 rebounds per game. He was then selected by the San Antonio Spurs in the 1998 NBA Draft.
In his time away from the NBA, Dial led the ABA in scoring in the 01-02 season, ushered his team, the Long Beach Jam, to an ABA championship title in 2004 and was also named best offensive player that same year.
Dial is scheduled to make his Arsenal debut tonight in Orem, Utah playing against the Utah Flash. He will wear number 3.
"We're excited to have him on the team," said Arsenal Head Coach Reggie Geary. "We feel his veteran experience will be a nice addition to our back court. We hope he can make an immediate impact and help us win some games in the final stretch of the season."
For more information about the Arsenal, please call (714) 635-BALL or visit www.anaheimarsenal.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 29, 2008
- Late Rally Lifts Flash Over Arsenal - Utah Flash
- Bowen, Williams smash Mad Ants - Austin Spurs
- D-League Expands to Reno, Nevada - G League
- Anaheim Arsenal acquire NBA veteran Derrick Dial - Anaheim Arsenal
- D-League Star Of The Night - Idaho Stampede
- Chicago Bulls Re-Assign Demetris Nichols to D-League's Iowa Energy - Iowa Wolves
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- 66ers Outlast Thunderbirds 112 - 103 - New Mexico Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.