Americans Win On The Road, Beat Mudbugs 3-2
BOSSIER CITY, Louisiana - The playoff-bound Allen Americans secured another win tonight at the CenturyTel Center when they defeated Bossier-Shreveport 3-2. The win brings Allen's record to 37-14-4 (78 points).
Forward Matt Radoslovich scored his second goal of the season 10 seconds into the game to give the Americans their quickest lead ever. The Mudbugs got a goal from Travis Clayton before Justin Bowers ended a two-game power play drought for the Americans. At the end of the opening frame, Allen had a 2-1 advantage.
The lone goal of the second period belonged to the Americans' leading scorer, Bruce Graham. Allen headed into the third period with a two-goal cushion. Before tonight, Allen was 24-1-0 when leading after 40 minutes.
The Mudbugs cut the Americans' lead in half at 6:40 of the final frame when Jeff Kyrzakos lit the lamp. Allen held on to its lead and bettered its record when heading into the third ahead of its competition to 25-1-0 this year.
Netminder David McKee debuted in his first Central Hockey League game tonight, earning a win and making 29 saves.
Forward Liam Huculak and blueliner Chris Kaufman were placed on 14-day injured reserve Monday, retroactive to Feb. 25 and Feb. 27 respectively. The Americans signed forward Maxim Chamberland today to fill the vacancy.
The Americans play Thursday in Laredo at 7:00 p.m. before hosting Mississippi Friday and Saturday. Both home games begin at 7:30 p.m at the Allen Event Center.
The box score is available on Pointstreak.com: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscore.html?gameid=1067830
Single Game Tickets on sale now Tickets start as low as $7. To order, call 972-912-1000 or 1-866-4-GET-TIX (1-866-443-8849), go to gettix.net or stop by the Allen Event Center Box Office. The Box Office is open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Fans interested in 10 tickets or more to any one game or tickets to multiple games are encouraged to speak with an Allen Americans representative regarding group discounts and savings off walk-up prices at 972.912.1000.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 2, 2010
- Americans Win On The Road, Beat Mudbugs 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Mudbugs Tripped Up by Americans - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Campbell Returns With Two Goals To Give The Rush A 6-4 Win Over Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs Streak Ends In 4-1 Loss To Bees - Kansas City Mavericks
- Comeback Falls Short At Rushmore - Wichita Thunder
- Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Last Call For Brahmas Golf Tournament Sign Up - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Coach's Show Tonight At Fuddruckers - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Come To Woodland Hills Mall Tonight And Find Your Favorite Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Ian Keserich's Shutout Voted CHL Performance of the Week - CHL
- Win Free Bucks Playoff Tickets - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.