Americans Hold off Tulsa 4-3 on Military Night in Allen
The Allen Americans won their second in a row, beating the Tulsa Oilers 4-3 on Saturday night at Allen Event Center in front of 5,144 fans.
Alex Krushelnyski was the number one star of the game for Allen, scoring two highlight reel goals, his 4th and 5th of the season. That's three goals in the last two games for the native of Los Angeles.
"We have so much skill and talent on this roster," said Alex Krushelnyski on the Americans broadcast with Maurice Fitzgerald. "It's amazing to play with a player like Costello (Chad). He has such great vision on the ice and can make that pass that not many can do."
The Americans were without a power play opportunity tonight. Tulsa cashed in once in three chances, scoring on a five-on-three advantage when Shaun Bates knocked one home past Riley Gill.
Joel Chouinard earned the third star of the game, chipping in with two assists and finishing the night at +4. Chouinard leads the league in that category with a +38 for the season. Riley Gill won his 28th game of the year. Gill is tied for second most wins in the ECHL.
In the early game, the Army defeated the Marines 14-9 in the first ever Military hockey game in Allen. The Americans wore specialty jerseys on Saturday night, with a portion of the proceeds from the jersey auction going to Carry the Load.
They Said It
n On how being able to play either a fast or physical style game will help come playoff time:
"Playoffs are fast paced and every game is hard, even if guys are tired every game is a battle so it's good that we prepare like that in the regular season."
n On how big the penalty killing was in the third period:
"It was huge, our goalie is unbelievable. I thought we had some good positioning also so that was able to help us kill it off."
About the Americans
The Allen Americans play in the ECHL, the premiere AA hockey league in North America. The Americans were established in 2009 and have won four AA championships in seven full seasons of minor pro hockey. In those seven seasons Allen has qualified for the playoffs every year with five trips to the league finals in that time. Allen is in its third season in the ECHL.
Americans Next Game
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
vs. Missouri Mavericks
Venue: Allen Event Center 7:05 PM
Watch or Listen Live
ECHL TV - http://echl.neulion.com/echl/home
Radio - www.hot1073fm.com
Mobile App -http://mixlr.com/allen-americans-hockey/
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 25, 2017
- Americans Hold off Tulsa 4-3 on Military Night in Allen - Allen Americans
- Royals Bag Dramatic Come-From-Behind OT Win over Adirondack, - Reading Royals
- Recap: Cyclones Drop Tight One in Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Edged Again in Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- STEELHEADS: Wheeling and Dealing - Steelheads Top Nailers, Close In - Idaho Steelheads
- Game Recap: Josh Pitt's Second Straight Four-Point Night Lifts Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Fuel Snare 4-1 Victory in Rematch with Swamp Rabbits - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Fall in Toledo; Clinch Playoff Spot - Florida Everblades
- Rays Finish 3-Game Sweep of Glads with 5-3 Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kalamazoo Sweeps Season Series against Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Erupt in 7-4 Victory over Elmira - Manchester Monarchs
- Steelheads Snap Late Deadlock, Prevailing 4-1 - Wheeling Nailers
- GAME RECAP: Nesbitt Scores 100th Career Goal as Gladiator In - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - March 25 - ECHL
- This Sunday: Cyclones Fan Celebration at Meijer First 100 Kids Receive a Drawstring Bag + Shirt - Cincinnati Cyclones
- CYCLONES GAME NOTES: vs. Ft. Wayne - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Military Appreciation Day as Americans Host Tulsa - Allen Americans
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, 3.25 - Manchester Monarchs
- Aces Outshoot Rush But Suffer 2-1 Loss Friday - Alaska Aces
- Rush Hold on against Aces - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.