Americans Finish Road Trip Sweep with Shutout in Edmonton
Following wins against Calgary and Lethbridge, the Americans wrapped up their Central Division road trip this afternoon with a shutout against the Edmonton Oil Kings. They will look to continue the win streak next Saturday as they return home to the Toyota Center to take on the Spokane Chiefs.
Paycen Bjorklund opened scoring on the power play off a slick pass from Connor Bouchard. Bouchard added one of his own at the end of the first period, giving the Ams a 2-0 lead after twenty minutes. Krystof Hrabik scored Tri-City's third and final goal to seal the victory at 16:22 third period. Similar to the first goal of the night, Hrabik's came on the power play assisted by Bouchard.
With a goal and two assists tonight Bouchard now has two goals and four assists over the past three games.
Beck Warm stopped all 48 shots faced for his fourth career shutout. - The Americans next home game is Saturday, November 16th against the Spokane Chiefs.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2019
- Blazers defeat Rockets - Kelowna Rockets
- ICE Fall to Wheat Kings - Winnipeg Ice
- Americans Finish Road Trip Sweep with Shutout in Edmonton - Tri-City Americans
- Oil Kings Blanked by Red Hot Americans - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Wheat Kings Crush Ice - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Winterhawks Well Represented on NHL's Central Scouting - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Issue Statement Regarding Status of Finnish Forward Joona Kiviniemi - Vancouver Giants
- Tigers' Hamblin Named WHL on the Run Player of the Week - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Trent Miner Named WHL Eli Wilson Goaltending Goaltender of the Week - Vancouver Giants
- Giants' Miner Named Eli Wilson Goaltending WHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Tigers' Hamblin Named WHL On the Run Player of the Week - WHL
- Rockets reassign Mofford to West Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- ICE and Wheat Kings Renew Rivalry - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.