American Association Results
July 25, 2013 - American Association (AA) News Release
Lincoln 7, Trois-Rivieres 2
After trailing 1-0 after two innings, the Lincoln Saltdogs scored five runs over the next three innings and cruised to a 7-2 victory over the Trois-Rivieres Aigles. Lincoln banged out 14 hits in the contest with everyone in their lineup collecting at least one. Saltdogs 1B Ian Gac went 2-for-4 with a home run, two runs scored and three RBI while 3B Curt Smith had two hits, two RBI and a run scored. Lincoln C Tyler Goodro chipped in with a home run in a 2-for-3 night. Lincoln reliever Travis Parker notched the win as he tossed six innings allowing only an unearned run on three hits and struck out four.
Grand Prairie 2, El Paso 1
Grand Prairie LF Bubba Dotson hit a RBI double in the bottom of the eighth inning to break a 1-1 tie and lift the AirHogs to a 2-1 win over the El Paso Diablos. Dotson and 3B Brian Myrow each had two hits in the game with Myrow launching his fourth home run of the season. Grand Prairie reliever Justin Dowdy collected the victory as he walk one and struck out one in one inning pitched. AirHogs closer Patrick Mincey had a tough ninth inning but came away with his 14th save of the year. Grand Prairie has now won four straight and is only one game behind Laredo in the tight South Division standings.
Sioux City 5, Gary SouthShore 0
The middle of the order for the Sioux City Explorers was the key in their 5-0 win over the Gary SouthShore RailCats. The 4-5-6 batters of DH Austin Gallagher, 1B Luke Murton and LF Yusuke Inoguchi collected seven of the team's 11 hits in the contest along with scoring all five of their runs. Murton chipped in his third home run of the season. Explorers starting pitcher Richard Salazar was simply terrific en route to his fifth win. Salazar went seven innings giving up only one walk and two hits while fanning six Gary SouthShore batters.
Amarillo 5, Laredo 4
Amarillo closed to within a half game of Laredo in the South Division as they defeated the Lemurs, 5-4. This game was tied at 2-2 headed into the seventh inning before the Sox scored three times to take a 5-2 lead. The Lemurs tallied two runs in the bottom of the eighth but did not get any closer. Amarillo 1B Jorge Delgado led the way offensively going a perfect 3-for-3 at the plate with a home run and two RBI. Sox CF Jason Martin chipped with two hits in five at-bats along with driving in a run. Amarillo starting pitcher Jason Mitchell improved his record to 5-3 with the win as gave up two earned runs on eight hits in seven innings pitched.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 25, 2013
- American Association Results - AA
- AirHogs hold on and sweep in 2-1 win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Parker Deals, Offense Unchained as 'Dogs Avoid Sweep - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Salazar Silences RailCats Again - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Explorers Shut Out Gary 5-0 - Sioux City Explorers
- 79th Annual NBC World Series Begins Friday - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Roundup - AA
- Winnipeg Takes Series From Canaries - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sosnoskie Hits Walk-Off Homer, RedHawks Pick up 1, 000th Victory - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Goldeyes breakout late to beat Canaries - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Disastrous Ninth Inning Costs Saints In 5-3 Loss - St. Paul Saints
- "The Sandlot" anniversary tour coming to CommunityAmerica Ballpark on Friday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Explorers Press Release - Sioux City Explorers
- Thirsty Thursday Tonight - Laredo Lemurs
- Saints Give Fans A Chance To Meet 2013 Baseball Hall of Fame Class During July 26-August 1 Homestand - St. Paul Saints
- Wingnuts Ready for Long Trip - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Results - AA
- T-Bones Lose in Historical Fashion - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kahaulelio, Guerra Help Wingnuts Win Two - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Burn the T-Bones - Laredo Lemurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.