Amarillo Ends Season in Allen
Allen, TX - The second-seeded Allen Americans were the victors Saturday night, defeating the Amarillo Gorillas 5-3.
After Allen forward Tobias Whelan earned the game's first goal on a rebound marker at the 1:32 mark, Amarillo tied the game with a power-play goal from defenseman Andrew Smale (his second straight game with a man-advantage goal). Answered Allen also struck on their first power-play opportunity with less than six minutes left in the first period and led 2-1 after one.
The Gorillas answered the call in the second period with goals from Gordon Bell (7:56 mark) and Chris Cloud (his 8th on the year) 29 seconds apart. Amarillo goaltender Tuomas Lohtander stopped 17 of 18 shots in the period, yielding one tally to Tyler Wooddisse on the power-play at the 12:08 mark. After two periods of hockey, Amarillo 3, Allen 3.
Tyler Wooddissee scored the game-winning power-play goal at the 9:26 mark, as the Gorillas fell 5-3 in their season finale.
With a second period tally, Gordon Bell finished the season with 7 points over his final 7 games...a Chris Cloud's last 3 points of the season were goals...Shaun Arvai wrapped up the year with 5 points over his last two games.
Renew your season tickets for the 2010-2011 season today! Call the Gorillas office at (806) 242-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 20, 2010
- Eagles End Regular Season With Win - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Drop Final Game of the Regular Season 4-2 - Rapid City Rush
- Golf Tournament Rescheduled; Playoff Tickets On Sale Now - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Brahmas Top 'Bugs to End Regular Season - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Americans end regular season with 5-3 win over Gorillas in front of a sellout crowd - Allen Americans
- IceRays Beat Killer Bees 6-3 In Regular Season Finale - Corpus Christi IceRays
- RiverKings Enter Playoffs After Another Win Over Tulsa - Mississippi RiverKings
- Jacks Earn Franchise Record 48th Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Bring The Thunder, Win Finale 7-4 - Laredo Bucks
- Thunder Ends Season With Loss - Wichita Thunder
- Amarillo Ends Season in Allen - Amarillo Gorillas
- Texas Heads Into Postseason With Win, Beat Bugs 4-2 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Get Your Playoff Tickets Now - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Bucks Close Out Regular Season Tonight - Laredo Bucks
- Mudbugs Down Mavs On "Jim Sprott Night" - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs to Open Playoffs Against Eagles - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Rush Win Northern Conference Title Despite 5-4 Shootout Loss to Gorillas - Rapid City Rush
- Nothing Special: 'Dogs Net 7 on Special Teams in Win - Colorado Eagles
- Arizona Tallies Franchise-Record Six Power-Play Goals in 7-6 Win - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.