Alouettes Sign Canadian Receiver Natey Adjei
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced on Thursday that the team has signed Canadian receiver Natey Adjei.
Adjei (5'10", 193 lbs.) had his most productive season in 2019, making 58 catches for 534 yards and adding two majors in 18 games with Edmonton. The Toronto, ON native began his career with the Toronto Argonauts in 2014 before moving to Edmonton in 2016. He will be playing his seventh season in 2021. In 98 career games, he amassed 925 yards and four touchdowns on 97 catches.
The 31-year-old was selected by Toronto in the third round (22nd total) of the 2013 CFL Entry Draft after a college career with the City College of San Francisco Rams and the Buffalo University Bulls.
The Alouettes also announced that the club has signed American defensive back Prince Smith Jr. as well as American quarterback Chris Robison.
Smith Jr. (5'10", 192 lbs.) made 64 tackles for the New Hampshire University Wildcats in 2019, good for third place on the team. The Philadelphia, PA native also intercepted three passes and forced two fumbles. The 23-year-old was voted CAA rookie of the year in 2016. He was part of the Philadelphia Eagles, N.Y. Giants and the Cleveland Browns organizations in 2020.
Robison (6'1", 200 lbs.) capped off his collegiate career with a great season, as he completed 291 of his 471 passes, good for 3,701 yards and 28 touchdowns (against only six interceptions) with the Florida Atlantic University Owls in 2019. The Mesquite, TX native also added 213 rushing yards and three rushing majors. Prior to joining the Owls, Robison had committed to the Oklahoma University Sooners, taking part in the team's spring game in 2017, along with quarterbacks Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from February 11, 2021
- Williams and Nicolas Signed - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Launch Chase the Ace Presented by Pinnacle - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Riders Re-Sign Webb - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Sign Canadian Receiver Natey Adjei - Montreal Alouettes
- Tiger-Cats Add Three Americans, Including Former NFL Running Back Marshall - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Linebacker Mitch Barnett Announces Retirement from Football - B.C. Lions
- Grey Cup Games from the 1960's Now Available on the Grey Cup On Demand Portal powered by Mark's - CFL
- Greg Quick Back on the Alouettes' Coaching Staff - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.