Alex Kirilloff Promoted to Fort Myers
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Outfielder Alex Kirilloff, the 15th overall pick by the Minnesota Twins in the 2016 draft, has been promoted to the Fort Myers Miracle from Low-A Cedar Rapids.
Kirilloff, 20, hit .333 with 13 home runs and 56 RBI in 65 games with Cedar Rapids, earning a Midwest League All-Star selection. He led the league in home runs, RBI, hits (84), extra base hits (38) and total bases (153). He was also third in batting average, second in doubles (20), and second in slugging percentage (.607).
Kirilloff was the 15th overall pick in the 2016 draft out of Plum High School in New Kensington, PA. Born in Pittsburgh, he hit .544 with a .645 on-base percentage, and 1.000 slugging percentage as a high school senior. Kirilloff was a first-team All-American and primarily played first base and pitched prior to turning pro. He won the 2015 Perfect Game All-American Classic Home Run Challenge, hitting 34 home runs at Fowler Park at the University of San Diego and PETCO Park.
Kirilloff began his professional career with Rookie Elizabethton in 2016 and hit .306 with seven home runs and 33 RBI in 55 games, earning the Appalachian League Player of the Year award. He missed the entire 2017 season due to Tommy John surgery.
Kirilloff entered the season ranked as the number three prospect in the Twins organization, according to Baseball America. He joins the club for the start of the second half in Bradenton on Thursday night. His first home game at Hammond Stadium will be on Friday, June 29 vs. Lakeland at 7:00 p.m. Fireworks will follow the game.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 21, 2018
- Sanchez Grand Slam Powers Crabs to 10-1 Win - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Tarpons Handle Hammerheads, 9-3; Thompson-Williams, Park, Wagner Homer in 2nd-Half Opener - Tampa Tarpons
- Seabold Strong, Threshers Start 2nd Half with 5-4 Win - Clearwater Threshers
- Fort Myers Opens Second Half With A Bang - Fort Myers Miracle
- Florida Drops Tight Contest in Extras to Daytona to Open Second Half - Florida Fire Frogs
- Mets, Flying Tigers Suspended by Rain - St. Lucie Mets
- Florida Fire Frogs Game Notes: June 21, 2018 - Florida Fire Frogs
- Marauders to Hold Patriotic Celebration Presented by LECOM on Tuesday, July 3 - Bradenton Marauders
- Alex Kirilloff Promoted to Fort Myers - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Begin 7-Game Home Stand Today - St. Lucie Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.