AirHogs Look to Rebound After Shutout Loss in Lincoln
LINCOLN, Neb. - The Texas AirHogs dropped the opener of their seven-game road trip 11-0 in Lincoln Sunday. Texas and Lincoln will continue the series tomorrow at 6:45 p.m.
Miguel Rosario (2-11) got the start for the AirHogs and went six innings, allowing four runs (four earned) and six hits. He struck out six and walked two in the loss. Joe Bircher (6-7) earned the win for Lincoln by striking out eight and limiting Texas to just two hits over six innings of work. He allowed just one into scoring position.
Lincoln was led by Curt Smith, who finished 3 for 5 with two RBIs and one run scored. Randolph Oduber chipped in two hits, three RBIs and a run scored. Lincoln outhit Texas 13-2.
Casio Grider and Javion Randle each recorded hits for the AirHogs. Li Qi and Greg Golson each reached with walks from Lincoln relievers Derek Gordon and Trevor Lubking. Texas reached just four times in the game.
The AirHogs (24-68) continue the series with Lincoln (46-46) Monday at 6:45 p.m. RHP Zhang Tao (2-2, 5.06 ERA) is expected to start for Texas. Lincoln is expected to counter with LHP Kyle Kinman (6-4, 3.53 ERA). A live stream of all the action will be available at mixlr.com/TXAirHogs.
The AirHogs - powered by Beijing Shougang Eagles will play their final home game of the season September 2 vs. Cleburne. Visit AirHogsBaseball.com for more information on tickets. For the latest news, follow the team on Twitter and Facebook @TXAirHogs.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 26, 2018
- AirHogs Look to Rebound After Shutout Loss in Lincoln - Texas AirHogs
- Goossen-Brown Goes Distance, But Dogs Fall 3-1 - Chicago Dogs
- RedHawks Keep Playoff Hopes Alive with Win over Chicago - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Extra-Base Hits Help Saltdogs to 11-0 Victory - Lincoln Saltdogs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Goldeyes Fall to T-Bones in Series Finale - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Shattering Bats & Shattering Records; T-Bones Win 18-6 - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.