AirHogs Extinguish Diablos in Game 2
Grand Prairie- Going scoreless in Game 1, the Grand Prairie AirHogs (49-46) stepped it up to take Game 2 of the four-game series against the El Paso Diablos with a final score of 6-4 Tuesday night at QuikTrip Park. In an exciting game Palmer Karr Jr. had the big hit that decided it with a three-run homer to break a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the fifth inning. Karr's ninth sailed over the left field wall and drove in Brandon Pinckney and Andres Rodriguez. Karr also had a single in the game. Rodriguez went 2-for-4 in the game including an RBI. Rian Kiniry drove in an insurance run in the eighth to guarantee the game for the AirHogs. Chad Mozingo came in on the double by Kiniry. Kiniry and Ryan Pineda each scored as well.
Derek Blacksher put in seven solid innings and earned the win for the AirHogs allowing three runs on eight hits. Blacksher struck out two Diablos in his tenth victory of the season. Boomer Potts pitched 0.2 innings allowing a run on two hits while striking out two. Patrick Mincey got his 21st save of the season going 1.1 innings and allowing no hits and no runs.
With the victory the AirHogs draw to within 1.5 games of Amarillo and Laredo as both the Sox and Lemurs lost Tuesday night. The AirHogs have five more games to take over the South Division and make the American Association playoffs. Two of those games are with the El Paso Diablos including Wednesday night at QuikTrip Park at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 27, 2013
- Wingnuts Fade Gac Twofer, Take Opener - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Canaries Stumble in Sioux City Opener - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Bass Walks-Off on RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Chance to Move up Wild Card Standings Slips Away - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- AirHogs Extinguish Diablos in Game 2 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- RedHawks Clinch North Division with Win - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Wingnuts Break League Strikeout Record in Win - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Snap Six Game Skid with 11-4 Victory over Goldeyes - St. Paul Saints
- Final Homestand Approaches - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Miss America to Appear at CommunityAmerica Ballpark Tonight - Kansas City T-Bones
- Hurry up and Wait - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 27th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Announce Promotions for August 27-30 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Historic Week Earns Ziegler League Honors - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs