AirHogs Draw into Tie for South Division Lead After Win
Amarillo- The Grand Prairie AirHogs (44-37) started their four-game series off right in Amarillo beating the Sox 4-1 Monday night at Sox Stadium. This brings the AirHogs into a tie for the South Division lead for the first time this year. Brandon Pinckney went 2-for-4 scoring once in the game. Andres Rodriguez also had a big game going 1-for-3 but scored once and drove in an RBI. Palmer Karr also picked up an RBI and Ryan Pineda and Rian Kiniry had the other two runs in the game.
Derek Blacksher picked up the win for the AirHogs going eight solid innings striking out four and allowing only one run on five hits. Patrick Mincey got the save for his eighteenth save of the year going one inning and striking out two of those batters. He allowed no runs and no hits.
The AirHogs have another three more games in Amarillo with Game 2 beginning Tuesday night at Sox Stadium at 7:05 P.M.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 13, 2013
- Sox lead diminishes in the ninth - Amarillo ThunderHeads
- RedHawks Rebound against Boulders, 4-1 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Winnipeg Scores Early In 9-3 Win Over X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Paramore Awesome as KC Tops 'Dogs in 10 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Score Early and Often - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Texas Roadhouse Buy-In Night Moved to Thursday - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats and Wingnuts Rained Out - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Tuesday's Game Postponed, Double Header Wednesday - Wichita Wingnuts
- American Association Roundup - August 13 - AA
- T-Bones Acquire Pitcher From New Jersey - Kansas City T-Bones
- St. Paul tops Canaries, evens series - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Five Run Seventh Inning Propels Saints to 7-5 Victory - St. Paul Saints
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - August 13th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Trade Padgett, Irvine to New Jersey - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Draw into Tie for South Division Lead After Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Winnipeg Scores Two In Ninth To Defeat Explorers 6-5 - Sioux City Explorers
- Canaries Outlast St. Paul in Extras for 1-0 Win - Sioux Falls Canaries
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs