AEG and Monkey Knife Fight Enter into Wide-Ranging Partnership for the LA Galaxy, LA Kings and Ontario Reign
LOS ANGELES - AEG, the world's leading sports and live entertainment company, has announced a strategic new marketing partnership with Monkey Knife Fight (MKF), the fastest-growing fantasy sports gaming platform in North America. As part of the agreement, brokered by AEG Global Partnerships, MKF will be named the exclusive fantasy sports partner of the LA Kings (NHL) and the LA Galaxy (MLS) and an official partner of the Ontario Reign (AHL). The new relationship provides MKF with increased brand awareness and deepens its ties to passionate sports and entertainment fans across Southern California. The deal also marks MKF's first partnerships with an NHL, MLS and AHL franchise and underscores the company's overall commitment to helping grow the sport of hockey and soccer.
As the exclusive fantasy sports partner of the LA Kings and LA Galaxy, MKF will have an enhanced brand presence for both popular Los Angeles teams' venues and online media channels. For the LA Kings, MKF will have a premiere corner in-ice logo, which will be featured prominently during all regular season home games at STAPLES Center. MKF will also receive digital scoreboard and LED stadium ribbon board signage during all LA Galaxy regular season home games at Dignity Health Sports Park. This is in addition to the partnership elements it will receive with the Ontario Reign, which includes digital signage and in-game marketing elements during all of team's regular season home games at Toyota Arena. LA Kings and Ontario Reign elements will commence with the start of the 2020-21 NHL and AHL seasons, while LA Galaxy elements will begin with the launch of the 2021 MLS regular season.
The agreement is a continuation of Monkey Knife Fight's plan to heavily target the Southern California marketplace. In addition to signing with Los Angeles' NHL and MLS teams, in the past year the company has also partnered with the NFL's Los Angeles Chargers, MLB's San Diego Padres, XFL's Los Angeles Wildcats, and PGA Tour golfer Charley Hoffman from San Diego.
"Our partnership with AEG is the perfect opportunity to help strengthen the MKF brand and reinforces our shared commitment to the sports fans we serve throughout Southern California, one of our most important and fastest growing markets," said Bill Asher, Founder and CEO of Monkey Knife Fight. "The LA Kings, LA Galaxy, and Ontario Reign are three highly acclaimed teams and we are incredibly proud to be a part of their ongoing success."
"We're excited about bringing Monkey Knife Fight into our family of sports partners here at AEG," said Josh Veilleux, LA Kings senior vice president of corporate partnerships. "Our global portfolio of assets includes some of the most iconic sports teams, facilities and live event offerings, which makes us uniquely positioned to bring our partners the very best. This partnership is an example of that and we look forward to working closely with MKF to further strengthen its brand amongst our sports and entertainment fans in Southern California."
Sports have always been a major part of Southern California's culture and lifestyle. Aligning MKF with key teams in the region like the LA Kings, LA Galaxy and Ontario Reign provides a significant opportunity to introduce fans to its unique style of fantasy sports, while enhancing the brand's connection to some of the most engaged sports fans across the NHL, MLS and AHL. With hockey and soccer being central points of interest for many Angelinos, the partnership will strengthen MKF's ties to the vibrant sports community across Southern California, one of their fastest growing audience regions.
About Monkey Knife Fight
Ranked as the third largest Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) company, Monkey Knife Fight's (MKF) award winning site is the fastest-growing gaming platform in North America. The company has achieved this explosive growth due to its unique, fun and engaging style of mobile sports gaming that truly levels the playing field for the average fantasy sports player. Unlike most DFS sites, where average sports fans are forced to play against professionals and rarely win, MKF offers its loyal users a dynamic, creative and ever-expanding slate of daily sports and esports contests, where having fun and winning, are part of the experience. Daily contests are offered for NFL, NBA, MLB NHL, Esports, Golf, Soccer, WNBA, and NASCAR events.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 16, 2020
- Toronto FC (4) - Montreal Impact (3) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- Match Report - Montreal Impact 3-4 Toronto FC - Montreal Impact
- AEG and Monkey Knife Fight Enter into Wide-Ranging Partnership for the LA Galaxy, LA Kings and Ontario Reign - LA Galaxy
- 2021 Season Ticket Membership Deposits Now Available - LA Galaxy
- Sporting Kansas City vs Colorado Rapids: Preview: July 17, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs. Real Salt Lake Preview - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- City vs. NYCFC: a Look into the Numbers - Orlando City SC
- Amaya's first career goal propels Orange and Blue to first win of 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Atlanta United Falls 1-0 to FC Cincinnati - Atlanta United FC
- Dignity Health Sports Park to Host Special Food Distribution on Saturday, July 18 with Los Angeles Regional Food Bank - LA Galaxy
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils All-New Mobile App, Delivering Fans Best-In-Class Digital Experience - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake Continues MLS Is Back Tournament Friday against Minnesota - Real Salt Lake
- Preview: Sporting and Colorado Meet Friday in MLS Is Back Tournament - Sporting Kansas City
- Columbus Crew SC Names Jaime McMillan as Vice President, Soccer Administration and Operations - Columbus Crew SC
- Quakes erase two-goal deficit, move into first place in Group B - San Jose Earthquakes
- Quakes storm back late to defeat the 'Caps - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Remaining 2020 MLS Regular Season Schedule Announced
- LA Galaxy Downed by Colorado Rapids
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 0 - Sunday, September 13, 2020
- Three Additional LA Galaxy Matches Announced for Continuation of MLS Regular Season
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Voted MLS Player of the Week