Admirals Re-Sign Forward Matt Fornataro
NORFOLK, Va. - The Norfolk Admirals have re-signed forward Matt Fornataro to a one-year American Hockey League Standard Player's Contract, Admirals General Manager Julien BriseBois announced today.
Fornataro, 25, a 6-foot-0, 190-pound forward from Calgary, Alberta, appeared in 70 games in his second year with Norfolk last season, posting 17 goals and 25 assists for 42 points. He established AHL career highs in games played, goals, assists and points. Fornataro ranked sixth in points, seventh in goals, sixth in assists and tied for fifth in power play goals (5) with the Admirals in 2010-11.
Fornataro has now appeared in 115 career games with the Admirals, posting 28 goals and 60 points. He originally signed a Professional Tryout Contract with Norfolk on January 2, 2010. He then signed an AHL Standard Player's Contract with the Admirals on February 3, 2010 and was re-signed on July 30, 2010.
Fornataro is entering his fourth professional season. In 168 career AHL games between Norfolk, the Houston Aeros, Worcester Sharks and Syracuse Crunch, he has scored 39 goals and 86 points. In 54 career ECHL games between the South Carolina Stingrays and Phoenix RoadRunners, Fornataro has 28 goals and 61 points.
Fornataro appeared in 156 games in a four-year collegiate hockey career with the University of New Hampshire scoring 44 goals and 118 points.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your 2011-12 season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 5, 2011
- Bruins Sign Tardif and Hennessy - Providence Bruins
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Defenseman Bryan Rodney - Syracuse Crunch
- Blackhawks to Host Prospect Camp July 7-11 - Rockford IceHogs
- Rampage Prospects Invited to Florida Panthers Development Camp - San Antonio Rampage
- Predators Sign Pair - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kings Announce 2011 Development Camp Schedule - Manchester Monarchs
- Aeros Featured on Reality TV Show - Houston Aeros
- AHL Sets Divisional Alignment for 11-12 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Canadiens Sign Goaltender Nathan Lawson - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Defenseman Aaron Johnson - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Move to Midwest Division as AHL Alters Division Alignment - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Sign Forwards Eric Neilson and Cory Conacher - Norfolk Admirals
- Two New Head Coaches Headline Latest Episode of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Blues Sign Ben Bishop to One-Year Contract - Peoria Rivermen
- Wild Names Torchetti Aeros New Head Coach - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Re-Sign Forward Matt Fornataro - Norfolk Admirals
- AHL Realignment Approved - Adirondack Phantoms
- AHL Announces Division Alignment for 2011-12 - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Announces New Divisional Alignment and Playoff Format - Peoria Rivermen
- AHL Announces Conference And Divisional Alignment - Oklahoma City Barons
- Amerks to Remain in North Division for 2011-12 AHL Season - Rochester Americans
- AHL Announces Division Alignment for 2011-12 - Providence Bruins
- AHL Announces Re-Alignment and Playoff Format Change - AHL
- Islanders Agree to Terms with Frischmon - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lightning Sign Free Agent Center Trevor Smith - Norfolk Admirals
- Montreal Canadiens Ink Peter Delmas - Hamilton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.