Adirondack Tenders Seven Qualifying Offers
Glens Falls, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils, announced today that it has tendered seven contracts to skaters listed on its season-ending roster for the 2018-2019 season.
Adirondack has tendered contracts to the following players:
Defensemen: Desmond Bergin, Kevin Lough, Conor Riley, Blake Thompson
Forwards: Mike Szmatula, Terrence Wallin, Brian Ward
Players who had already signed a contract by June 30 did not need to receive a qualifying offer.
Each team was entitled to reserve the rights to a maximum of eight qualified players. Of the eight qualified players, no more than four could be veterans (260 regular season professional hockey games played as of the start of the upcoming 2018-19 season). Players on open qualifying offers cannot be traded.
The qualifying offer must remain open for acceptance until July 16 at which time the qualifying offer becomes null and void and the team may sign the qualified player to any salary or may elect to take no further action. Teams that extend a valid qualifying offer to a non-veteran player shall retain the rights to that qualified player for one playing season.
A team that extends a valid qualifying offer to a veteran player will retain the rights to that veteran until July 16. After July 16, if the veteran player is not signed to a contract by the team, the veteran shall be deemed a restricted free agent and shall be entitled to seek and secure offers of employment from other ECHL teams. Restricted free agents may not be traded. When a restricted free agent receives a contract offer from a team other than the team with the player's rights and the restricted free agent wishes to accept the contract offer, the restricted free agent and the offering member must, within 24 hours, notify the ECHL, the team with the player's rights and the Professional Hockey Players' Association. The member with the player's rights shall have seven days after the date it is notified to exercise its right to match the contract offer.
If a restricted free agent is not signed to either an offer sheet or a contract by an ECHL team by Aug. 1, the player shall be deemed an unrestricted free agent.
Season tickets for the 2018-2019 Adirondack Thunder season are on sale now. Visit ECHLThunder.com or call 518-480-3355 with any questions or for more information on ticket packages. For the latest Thunder news, be sure to follow the team on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ECHLThunder) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/ECHLThunder).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 2, 2018
- Merasty Returns to Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Everblades Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Florida Everblades
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers - Allen Americans
- Cody Sol Inks Fifth Season at Komet Blue Line - Fort Wayne Komets
- Johno May Returns for 2018-19 Season - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Macdonald Named Assistant Coach in Grand Rapids - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Brad Tapper Named to Grand Rapids Griffins Coaching Staff - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Extend Seven Qualifying Offers - Fort Wayne Komets
- Nailers Extend Qualifying Offers to Four Players - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Players with Qualifying Offers - ECHL
- Solar Bears Extend Qualifying Offers for 2018-19 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Make Qualifying Offers to Six - Toledo Walleye
- Swamp Rabbits Extend Qualifying Offers to Seven - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Tender Four Qualifying Offers - Rapid City Rush
- Admirals Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight - Norfolk Admirals
- Nailers Acquire Zac Lynch from Manchester - Wheeling Nailers
- Zac Lynch Traded to Wheeling - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Issue Seven Qualifying Offers - Tulsa Oilers
- Adirondack Tenders Seven Qualifying Offers - Adirondack Thunder
- South Carolina Announces Qualifying Offers - South Carolina Stingrays
- IceMen Extend Eight Qualifying Offers - Jacksonville IceMen
- Gladiators Extend Qualifying Offers to Eight Players - Atlanta Gladiators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.