Aces plate two in ninth for 5-4 win
Laredo, Texas - June 11, 2008 - Wednesday's game looked bleak as the Alexandria Aces were down to their last out against the Laredo Broncos at Veterans Field. Then, Luis Guance hit his fifth home run of the year, a two-run shot to left, to give the Aces a 5-4 win. The Aces were down 4-3 going into the ninth. Selwyn Langaigne led the inning off by drawing a walk. Three batters later, with two outs, Guance hit his game-winning home run. The Aces tied the game 3-3 in the sixth by scoring three unearned runs off Laredo starter Gregorio Martinez. Bryan Sabatella and Jose Umbria each had RBI singles. Then, with the bases loaded, Sabatella scored on a dropped third strike as Blake Butler struck out. Aces starter Alexis Sosa pitched seven solid innings giving up three runs and striking out three. The Aces and Broncos continue their series Thursday. Game time is 7:30 PM
Next home game: Saturday June 14th vs. Amarillo. Coushatta Casino & Resort Night with Pen and Pencil Holders.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 11, 2008
- Coyotes lose big to rival - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Aces plate two in ninth for 5-4 win - Alexandria Aces
- 'Wings plate double-digits in victory - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos let late-inning lead slip away - Laredo Broncos
- Colts blank Dillas - San Angelo Colts
- Aces Announce Father's Day Dounle Header - Alexandria Aces
- Colts Sign Former Met Farmhand Freites, Release Weast - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th