Aces lose finale, second place
Alexandria, La. - June 25, 2008 - The San Angelo Colts used a five-run fifth to beat the Alexandria Aces and avoid a sweep as the Colts won XX-XX at Bringhurst Field Wednesday. The Colts took back second place in the United League by half a game after losing the spot last night. Trailing 2-3, an RBI single by Aaron Cone tied the game. Jason Crosland then hit a two-run double to give the Colts the lead. Jose Torres followed with his third home run of the series, a two-run shot to center, to end the fifth leading 7-3. The Colts added a couple more in the sixth as former Ace Tyrone Pendergrass hit a solo home run to center and Aaron Cone singled home John Anderson. Aces starter Robbie Wooley, who was making his Aces debut, lasted only two-thirds of an inning giving up two runs on two hits. Wooley threw two wild pitches, hit a batter, and also made an error in the field. The Aces got two runs back in the bottom of the first. Rafael Ozuna doubled home Bryan Sabatella and Madison Edwards drove home Patrick O'Sullivan to tie the game 2-2 after the first inning. Colts starter Frank James earned his third win of the year by working five innings giving up three runs, all unearned, on seven hits while striking out four. The Aces will start a three-game series with the Laredo Broncos on Thursday. Game time is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 25, 2008
- Coyotes Lose Game 3 to Broncos - Edinburg Roadrunners
- WhiteWings Bats Stymied by Dillas Pitching - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Broncos offense explodes in big way - Laredo Broncos
- WhiteWings Wrap Up 1st Half of Play - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Colts salvage finale vs. Aces to regain second place - San Angelo Colts
- Aces lose finale, second place - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th