Aces Look to Even Record Wednesday
Bradenton, FL - The Las Vegas Aces (0-1) look to even their record Wednesday evening as they host the Atlanta Dream (1-0) at 10 pm ET/7 pm PT on CBS Sports Network and MyLVTV. It also marks the first time that Aces fans will be able to watch games on Roku TV, Apple TV, and FireTV, as well as on iOS and Android devices through STIRR, Sinclair Broadcast Group's new free streaming app.
The Aces led nearly the entire way Sunday in their season opener vs. Chicago, but Las Vegas went cold down the stretch. The Sun capped an 11-0 run to end the game with an Allie Quigley three-pointer, to escape with an 88-86 win.
Angel McCoughtry scored a game-high 25 points in her Aces debut, while A'ja Wilson chipped in with a 22-point, 11-rebound double-double.
The Aces are without the services of three-time All-Star Liz Cambage (medical exemption) and Kelsey Plum (Achilles surgery) this season.
Atlanta opened its 2020 season over the weekend with a 105-95 victory over the Dallas Wings, behind a career-high 30-pint, 13-rebound performance by Monique Billings. All five of the Dream starters scored at least 16 points, and rookie Chennedy Carter recorded 18 points and eight assists in her WNBA debut.
The Aces are 12-16 all-time against the Dream.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 28, 2020
- Minnesota's Sylvia Fowles Becomes WNBA's Career Rebounds Leader - WNBA
- Lynx Center Sylvia Fowles Becomes the WNBA's All-Time Rebounding Leader - Minnesota Lynx
- Aces Look to Even Record Wednesday - Las Vegas Aces
- Fever Look for First Win of 2020 Season on Wednesday Night - Indiana Fever
- ESPN Sees Most-Watched WNBA Opener Since 2012; Opening Weekend Viewership Highlights Strong Start to 2020 Season - WNBA
- Chicago Sky Players Will Donate $10 for Every Point Scored to Social Justice - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aces Stories
- Aces Come up Short as Storm Win Fourth WNBA Championship
- Storm Take 2-0 Lead with 104-91 Victory over Las Vegas
- A'ja Wilson Unanimous All-WNBA First Team Selection
- Stewart, Bird, Loyd Lead Storm to 93-80 Win over Las Vegas
- Aces Punch Ticket to WNBA Finals With 66-63 Victory over Sun