Fever Look for First Win of 2020 Season on Wednesday Night
The Indiana Fever and the Phoenix Mercury will look to get into the win column on Wednesday night after each team suffered a loss on the opening day of the 2020 season.
Phoenix fell to Los Angeles, 99-76, before the Fever dropped the season opener against the Washington Mystics in Saturday night's finale. Los Angeles outscored the Mercury, 30-8, in the third quarter to take an 80-54 lead into the fourth. The Mercury committed 27 turnovers on Saturday - its most since 2016 - including nine in the third quarter.
Wednesday will feature the first of two matchups this season between two of the five all-time leading scorers in WNBA history, featuring Mercury guard Diana Taurasi and Fever forward Candice Dupree.
HOW TO WATCH:
Wednesday's game will be streamed live at no cost to fans at FeverBasketball.com, on the Indiana Fever's Facebook page, or via the Fever app. Pat Boylan and former Fever coach and player, Tully Bevilaqua. will bring you the action from Indianapolis.
The game will also be available to watch on NBA TV.
OUT - Lauren Cox (WNBA Medical Protocol), Erica Wheeler (WNBA Medical Protocol).
QUESTIONABLE - Kathleen Doyle (Right Ankle)
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 28, 2020
- Minnesota's Sylvia Fowles Becomes WNBA's Career Rebounds Leader - WNBA
- Lynx Center Sylvia Fowles Becomes the WNBA's All-Time Rebounding Leader - Minnesota Lynx
- Aces Look to Even Record Wednesday - Las Vegas Aces
- Fever Look for First Win of 2020 Season on Wednesday Night - Indiana Fever
- ESPN Sees Most-Watched WNBA Opener Since 2012; Opening Weekend Viewership Highlights Strong Start to 2020 Season - WNBA
- Chicago Sky Players Will Donate $10 for Every Point Scored to Social Justice - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team
- Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List
- Fever End 2020 Regular Season against Minnesota on Saturday