Aces hold another lead, win 5-3
Laredo, Texas - July 19, 2008 - The Aces came into Saturday's game 26-1 when leading after seven innings. This is due to the Aces' superb relief pitching. Saturday's 5-3 Aces win over the Laredo Broncos at Veterans Field looked just like the rest with the bullpen coming through in the clutch.
B.J. Litchfield came into the game with a 3-2 lead in the bottom of the sixth. Aces starter Robbie Wooley left the game with two outs and runners on first and second. Litchfield got Johnny Lopez to groundout to end the threat. Then, Litchfield left the game in the seventh with two outs and the tying run at second. Juan Carlos Ovalles struckout Luany Sanchez to end the inning. Wayne Hedden picked up his league-leading 11th save with a scoreless ninth.
The Aces took the lead first in the top of the third inning. With two outs, Luis Guance and Selwyn Langaigne hit back-to-back doubles to give the Aces a 1-0 lead. The Broncos quickly tied it up at one with Steven Wright scoring on a sacrifice fly by Arnoldo Ponce. The Broncos took the lead when Wright hit a solo home run, his fifth of the year, to give Laredo a 2-1 lead. Madison Edwards got the Aces the lead with a bases-loaded, two-run single in the sixth to give the Aces a 3-2 lead. The Aces and Broncos will finish their four-game series Sunday as Alexis Sosa takes the mound for the Aces. Game time is 7:35 PM.
Next home game: Monday July 21st vs. Edinburg. Ladies Night. Women get two-for-one admission.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from July 19, 2008
- Clutch Hitting Sparks Coyotes to Rally - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Winning Streak Ends as Colts Fall 7-4 - San Angelo Colts
- Aces hold another lead, win 5-3 - Alexandria Aces
- Strong WhiteWings Debut for Nehls in Loss - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Dillas End Losing Skid - Amarillo Dillas
- Broncos Drop Another Close One in Loss to Alexandria - Laredo Broncos
- Aces bash Broncos, 5-1 - Alexandria Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th