Aces combine pitchin, hitting in win
Alexandria, La. - June 23, 2008 - Two players made the most of their Alexandria Aces debut Monday night at Bringhurst Field as the Aces beat the Colts 7-3. In the fourth, Rafael Ozuna collected his first hit as an Aces as he took Colts starter Billy McKinney deep for a two-run homer giving the Aces a 4-1 lead. Andre Marshall also made his debut for the Aces on Monday. He also hit his first homer Monday as he hit a solo shot in the eighth giving the Aces a 7-2 lead. Aces starter Chad Linder pitched possibly his best outing of the year going 7.2 innings and giving up only two runs on six hits. He struck out nine and only walked two. Down 1-0 in the third, the Aces took the lead on back-to-back sacrifice flies to left field by Luis Guance and Selwyn Langaigne to give the Aces a 2-1 advantage. Langiagne also added his fifth homer of the year by hitting a solo home run in the fifth. The Aces will throw Ramon Portillo against the Colts' Luke Massetti. Game time is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 23, 2008
- Coyotes blast Broncos - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Aces draw closer to Colts - San Angelo Colts
- Bats silent in Broncos loss - Laredo Broncos
- 11-Run Fifth Sends Dillas Past WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Aces combine pitchin, hitting in win - Alexandria Aces
- Coyotes Crumble in Ninth - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Alexandria Aces Stories
- Aces Announce Kisatchie National Forest/Smokey the Bear Aces Team Photo Night
- Aces Announce City of Pineville's Free Admission "Pack the Park"
- Aces Game Tonight Canceled
- Aces Announce Louisiana Lottery Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night Tomorrow
- Free Aces General Admission Tickets Tuesday, July 24th