67's Open Road Trip with 10-2 Win over Sting
OTTAWA - League scoring leaders, newcomers and rookies all contributed on Friday night as the 67's kicked off a weekend road trip with a decisive 10-2 win over the Sarnia Sting.
Tye Felhaber scored twice - his 45th and 46th goals of the season - and Noel Hoefenmayer, Austen Keating, Sam Bitten, Marco Rossi, Quinn Yule, Graeme Clarke, Mitch Hoelscher and Lucas Chiodo all scored in the offensive outburst. It was Chiodo's first goal in his first game as a 67 since being acquired by Ottawa before this week's OHL trade deadline. Keating, Rossi, Bitten, and Kody Clark each had a pair of assists.
The game stayed closed through the first period as both Ottawa and Sarnia scored twice. But the final 40 minutes were dominated by the 67's, who scored eight unanswered goals to secure the win.
Ottawa's three-in-three road trip carries on Saturday afternoon, when the 67's will face the London Knights in a game broadcast nationally on Sportsnet.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Spirit Winning Streak Snapped at Seven Games by London - Saginaw Spirit
- Attack Fall to Otters 2-1 in Overtime - Owen Sound Attack
- Otters Win Second Straight in OT - Erie Otters
- 67's Open Road Trip with 10-2 Win over Sting - Ottawa 67's
- Thomas Nets Hat Trick in 6-3 Win over Frontenacs - Niagara IceDogs
- Rangers Beat the Storm in a Classic at the Aud, 4-3 in OT - Kitchener Rangers
- Preview: Firebirds & Bulldogs Clash in Flint Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Preview: Spirit, Knights Clash in Battle of Western Conference Titans - Saginaw Spirit
- Generals Best Petes in Overtime - Peterborough Petes
- Steelheads Edged out in OT - Mississauga Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.