66ers Guard Carter Leaves Team for Latvian League
TULSA, Okla., Feb. 26, 2011- The Tulsa 66ers, proud affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, announced today that point guard Tweety Carter has left the team to play for BK Ventspils, the top team in the Latvian League.
Carter, who joined the 66ers as an affiliate player after attending Thunder training camp, played in 31 games (13 starts) for Tulsa this season, averaging 11.3 points, 3.9 assists and 2.0 rebounds in 26.5 minutes.
The 66ers, who currently stand in first place in the Western Conference with a 25-10 overall record, return to the court tonight with a home contest against the Texas Legends at 7 p.m. inside the Tulsa Convention Center.
For ticket information and purchases call the 66ers business office at (918) 585-8444 or log onto Tulsa66ers.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 26, 2011
- Hot second half for Jam the difference - Idaho Stampede
- Goods Delivers Against Former Team - Dakota Wizards
- Toros Fall to Thunderbirds in Double Overtime Thriller - Austin Spurs
- Thunderbirds Win Double Overtime Thriller - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Tulsa Downs Texas 94-86, Collects Third Consecutive Victory - Tulsa 66ers
- Austin Toros Team up with Local Community Organizations - Austin Spurs
- 66ers Guard Carter Leaves Team for Latvian League - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Break Franchise Record for Fewest Points Allowed - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Stampede's Second Quarter Keys Win Over Jam - Bakersfield Jam
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.